HD Homerun Device not found after 20200907 firmware update

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
topdavis

HD Homerun Device not found after 20200907 firmware update

Post by topdavis »

Since I performed the latest firmware update to 20200907, my HD Homerun Prime is not found on my network. I have to launch my.hdhomerun.com each time to find the device and then the device is found. This affects any planned recordings to Servio, Emby and is irritating when wanting to watch from the client application.

When launching the local HDHomeRun Setup it says 0 tuners are found as well. The device won't show up again until after I launch my.hdhomerun.com and sometimes refresh the page to find my device. My Servio is always found. I don't think it is a network issues as I run continuous pings to the device to try and troubleshoot and it responds even when the client can't find it.

Once I bring it up tv works fine, but when I shut it down, the cycle starts all over again. I also can't scan for channels even if the device is found. When trying to scan, it will say it can not find a device.

I checked sending diagnostic information and the device input number is 1322F844.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: HD Homerun Device not found after 20200907 firmware update

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Can you please enable "send diagnostic information" on the PRIME device webpage. You can get to the device webpage via http://my.hdhomerun.com/

Nick

topdavis

Post by topdavis »

I thought I did from the Windows Setup Application, but I went in and did it again from the Web interface for both my Prime and my Servio, Device ID 153031F1

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

I can see a problem in the logs... very old feature, code that hasn't been modified since 2008 :ugeek:

I fixed it, but I can't be sure that is what is causing the problem you are seeing. I will put together a test release for you to test.

Nick

topdavis

Post by topdavis »

Thanks!

Providing some additional information that might help... My Emby server now will only record up to 10 minutes of scheduled shows. I don't know if this is related, but both problems started happening around the same time. Emby had been working perfectly up until this Firmware Upgrade.

I also have a couple of Android TV devices using the Live Channels Application. They connect and work every time along with my Android Tablet and Android phone. It seems to be only a Windows related issue (Emby server is Windows based). Windows machines are running version 1903 and 1909 (Emby Server).

topdavis

Post by topdavis »

Any progress on the fix?