Is Android TV crippling search in SD app?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
heresam

Is Android TV crippling search in SD app?

Post by heresam »

HDHR beta app running on Shield TV Pro 2015 recently lost the leanback keyboard when doing a search in Discover (same for all functions). Won't pop up. Recent HDHR app and Shield updates are not responsible. Turned on a very seldom used KM9Pro Android TV box and before updating the multitude of apps from the Playstore (automatic updating turned off has been my practice for years) I tried a search and it worked. Then I updated HDHR and search still worked. So at that point I relaxed and decided the Shield update was the culprit. I turned Playstore loose and updated everything at once. You know what's coming. Search lost the keyboard just like the Shield. :-[

So the problem is coming from an Android TV app but I'm hoping SD can get the cooperation needed from Google for a solution. I haven't seen this yet in the threads which is also troubling.
Enabling early access and down grading to the previous app were tried.
Android mobile and Playstore Android TV remote app are my work arounds.
Thank you for reading.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Is Android TV crippling search in SD app?

Post by NedS »

It looks like it was the update for "Android Systems WebView" that caused it. Uninstalling the update will work as a temp work-around, until we can figure out if we can fix this from our side.

heresam

Re: Is Android TV crippling search in SD app? Fixed

Post by heresam »

Android System WebView 85.0.4183.127 fixed the keyboard. The ASW update hit all my mobile devices over the last few days but not the Shield until tonight. Thanks NedS, your quick and correct diagnosis is appreciated.