Force App To Use Specific Tuner Fire TV Stick 4K

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
persim

Force App To Use Specific Tuner Fire TV Stick 4K

Post by persim »

Would like to know if it's possible to force the app to use only a specific tuner on the prime. My prime is essentially split between 2 different setups where one uses 2 tuners and the other uses 1 tuner. Both using NextPVR and I don't want to cause any conflicts if the Firestick is watching live tv with the HDHomeRun app.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Force App To Use Specific Tuner Fire TV Stick 4K

Post by NedS »

The HDHomeRun app will use the first available tuner for a given broadcast program. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe NextPVR will do the same, so there shouldn't be any issue, in theory.

persim

Re: Force App To Use Specific Tuner Fire TV Stick 4K

Post by persim »

Ok thanks.

Sounds like it will be a no go cause each machine with NextPVR is setup with different tuners so they don't overlap and cause issues. Problem would be solved if NextPVR supported profiles but don't think that's on the to do list.

Sounds like if machine 1 (has first 2 tuners assigned) is recording 1 program then machine 2 (has 3rd tuner assigned) watching live tv on the app will grab the 2nd tuner which is assigned to machine 1. This would prevent machine 1 from recording a second program because the app grabbed its tuner and the 3rd tuner would remain unused.

Guess I could give machine 1 access to all 3 tuners but then I'd have to make sure 3 concurrent recordings don't get scheduled.