Tuner not visible via apk on Shield but visible to Kodi add-on

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
MonkMad
Device ID: 10430024, 131A4FBC

Tuner not visible via apk on Shield but visible to Kodi add-on

Post by MonkMad »

(Mods: Please move this post if it is in the wrong forum)

I have an HDHR Prime (CableCard), a Connect (OTA), and an HDHR DVR (running on a Windows 10 PC) on my local network. All phones (Android) on the network are able to see 3 devices (Prime, Connect, Record) and play channels via the Android app (apk). A few Windows laptops are also able to see all three devices. I also have an Nvidia Shield. On the Shield, if I use the HDHR app (available through Play Store), it seems the Prime tuner is not available (it is striked-out in the app settings, with a delete option to the right). However, on the same Shield device, if I run the HDHR add-on inside Kodi, it is able to see both tuners, including the Prime.
Also, I'm unable to play even OTA channels via the Connect tuner, using the native app on the Shield. Kodi add-on plays channels from both tuners just fine. I have checked (and removed) the Network Tuner (beta) source from Live Channels in the Shield settings, and selected only the HDHR source.
I've restarted the Shield, but no change.

Any ideas or troubleshooting tips are welcome.

MonkMad
Device ID: 10430024, 131A4FBC

Re: Tuner not visible via apk on Shield but visible to Kodi add-on

Post by MonkMad »

Posting an update:

After many restarts and uninstall/reinstall of apps, it seems to have fixed itself.