Unable to play channel DRM error - Kraig

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Kraig

Unable to play channel DRM error - Kraig

Post by Kraig »

For the last 4-5 weeks I keep getting the following error when I open the HDHome run app every day and select a DRM cable card based channel " Unable to play channel DRM error". I can resolve the error by restarting the Shield every night. I currently put the shield into sleep mode at night.

System details:
- Nvidia Shield Pro at current version 8.2.0132.6.435.11 although same problem happened with the prior version 3-5 weeks ago.
- HD Home run Prime HDHR 3-CC Device ID 13113907 cable card running firmware version 20200907 although problem existed with prior firmware as well. DTCP 1.7-SD20200724 WMDRM 10-SD20171110 Memory Report 64 MB SDRAM, 2 MB Flash
- HD Home run Quatro HDHR5-4US running firmware version 20200907 although problem existed with prior firmware as well/
- Synology DS420+NAS with HDHome run record engine on it
- Spectrum is the cable supplier.

Any idea's
I have rebooted the HD home run hardware. Uninstalled and reinstalled the HDhome run app on the Shield Problem either came up after the Synology NAS got configured or after the prior Nvidia Shield upgrade.

Kraig

Re: Unable to play channel DRM error

Post by Kraig »

Wow no responses. Must be just my system. I found a solution by resetting the Nvidia shield and reloading HD Home run. reset dine by going to setting, Device preferences , reset.

A bit pain full but worth it.

Kraig

Post by Kraig »

Lots of lookers but no responses. Must be just my system.

I found a solution by resetting the Nvidia shield and reloading HD Homerun app. Reset done by going to setting, device preferences , reset.

A bit pain full but worth it.

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

By any chance did you ever install the beta firmware for your Shield? Those are not signed or certified by Google and many DRM problems will arise (like Disney+ won't work in addition to HDHR app DRM won't work).

Only SD can identify your DRM issue after you turned on the diagnostic in app.