A show stopped DVRing on Most Fridays

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

A show stopped DVRing on Most Fridays

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

I have a show on channel 576 in DC that i record daily. 106.7 The Fan's Sports Junkies. The last month it has stopped recording Friday's it shows in the guide or atleast i know it is in the guide today.
It has a grey check next to today when i look at the episodes but red dots next to the next 2 weeks worth.

There is nothing in the logs mentioning the upcoming timer at 10am logtime (6am local time) when it is supposed to start.
Looking at the logs from yesterday it says hrs before next time at 10am and the name.

I have 2 primes and 2 recording services running
13263ed4
13267ed9
both recording services are running 20200701 which i just upgraded in the last week or 2 so the problem started before i upgraded. The primes are running 20200521.

I am assuming that it is something to do with guide data, but would like to know what it is.

Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: A show stopped DVRing on Most Fridays

Post by signcarver »

Typically you would open such a thread up in guide issues (don't do it now mods will move if they wish) as the show is not marked as live on Fridays (new, premiere...) which would tell the DVR that it is a FirstAiring. If it truly is a new show on Friday, gracenote would need to correct such. Easiest way is to check zap and though for this particular issue I do suggest reporting it here for SD to contact gracenote, often it works best by you also reporting such error to zap2it but they may not see it as pressing an issue SD would since the guide still has the correct program.

Alternatively you could schedule all as one-offs (and would require you to do so repeatedly, or make sure all the copies are deleted that are generic, if they have specific episode data no need to delete it (if deleted from the app make sure to specify rerecord) then when it comes time for the DVR to record it will realize it doesn't have such program. Another way would be to run a daily script to modify the metadata of the program to more specific information.

jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Re: A show stopped DVRing on Most Fridays

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

I wasn't sure where to put it because it was showing in the guide, but just didn't record. I guess fridays might not be listed as new, but they have been on the same channel for more than a year and it just stopped working in the last month.

When i searched gracenote, it says "live" for yesterday and Monday, but it doesn't say "Live" today. So i guess that's the problem?