Two "HDHomeRun RECORD" under Devices

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
GaryDouglas

Two "HDHomeRun RECORD" under Devices

Post by GaryDouglas »

Two "HDHomeRun RECORD" under Devices in Settings in the Account Information and Devices screen. This is not the case on my laptop and iPhone where there is only one.

Even though I have Plex and Plex Server (server not set up) on the Nvidia Shield, this is unrelated, right?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Two "HDHomeRun RECORD" under Devices

Post by signcarver »

The shield typically gets one from its "bluetooth" network when both the engine and client are on the (same) shield.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas »

Does this explain why all my recordings display as two but represent only one recording?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Yes as it gets it from "both" engines.

The way it is supposed to work is the StorageID is supposed to allow the clients to filter out such duplicates but for some reason the shield (Android device) will discover itself twice and do no such filtering (combining, only showing one copy of itself... )

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas »

Is anyone with SD working with Nvidia or the Android world on this?

The first year or so of using the DVR function, this was not the case, I’d have to look at a previous incident to see roughly when this started happening...

leerandall
Device ID: 131102D9, 1326E147

Post by leerandall »

I run the HDHR DVR engine as well as the client on my Shield Pro 2017 and have done so for a long time. I have never had more than the single DVR engine listed in any Android or Win10 client or on the my.hdhomerun.com page. I, too, have Plex installed but not being used. Plex server also remains unconfigured as well. I also have a Fintie bluetooth keyboard connected but it remains mostly unused. I am running my Shield on gigabit ethernet and not wi-fi, if that figures into the equation in any way.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas »

I use Plex, but the server is on a NAS. I have a wired network. Only mobile devices use WiFi. I’ll try turning off Bluetooth to see if it changes anything. As far as I can tell, only the remotes use them, which I don’t use. I do have a standard Shield, but i attached a 4TB HD for storage and an SSD for extended software. Probably not your standard usage...

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

The problem can even show up on other platforms when there is more than one network interface. It's on the list to fix, for sure.

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas »

That’s encouraging, hopefully sooner vs later...