Record by channel Question

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
jbahlman@gmail.com
Device ID: 13263ED4 13267ED9

Record by channel Question

Post by jbahlman@gmail.com »

So, with this feature can we dvr something that is being recorded at the same time on another channel? For example, sometimes there is a football game on espn and the local channel and i might want to dvr both.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Record by channel Question

Post by NedS »

It might be possible as two one-off recordings (I'll have to test), but it won't do it as a series recording.

jbahlman@gmail.com

What i was getting at was for NFL in the past, i think we weren't able to record both games at 1pm due to the name being the same. If i have a series set to record one team always, could i set it to record the other channel at the same time with nfl football also. Since it is a one off due to forcing a channel, i wouldn't need a series necessarily. I like to watch all the games and i don't think that was possible last year.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

There are slight differences for NFL/Sports rules... I don't believe you can record the same game with same starting and ending times but can record games with different teams and I have seen it record on multiple networks for the same game as times were slightly different. I do think the back end did have trouble with multiple oneoffs starting at the same time but series actually often worked but often people may have needed to resort to team rules. but would be hard for most to specify one channel for NFL. Things have changed over the years so much for sports that I'm not sure what the current state is as there hasn't been much sports to record this year.

jbahlman@gmail.com

Yeah, i can't remember how it worked exactly, but i know i wasn't able to easily record all the games. I guess i will have to try this Sunday and see what happens.