Airtv mini 4k dongle mpeg2 fix please

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Bkfinest

Airtv mini 4k dongle mpeg2 fix please

Post by Bkfinest »

Airtv mini 4k dongle mpeg2 fix please, either add the device to the beta blacklist or add the toggle switch. No cable on the device, please fix

Bkfinest

Re: Airtv mini 4k dongle mpeg2 fix please

Post by Bkfinest »

???? any help? I need this fixed. air tv mini 4k dongle has broken mpeg2

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

So management or software developers cant help fix my issue? I now have no cable on this device. can you add the device to the blacklist so that i can use hdhomerun? am telling you this toggle for software/hardware decoder is more important than you think. it takes days or weeks before someone answers here while if we had the option to fix it ourself we would. what do i do now? airtv is not gonna fix this now it may take months for a patch or fix. they have no idea people like me have hdhomerun that relies on mpeg2 thats why i ask you to please help in adding this device to blacklist and to implement the toggle

clarkss12
Device ID: 104CBEA5 ;1055A951

Post by clarkss12 »

Have you considered another inexpensive hardware that does NOT have those issues?? It is the products fault, NOT SiliconDust's problem........

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

clarkss12 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:58 am
Have you considered another inexpensive hardware that does NOT have those issues?? It is the products fault, NOT SiliconDust's problem........
Do you not understand? this can happen to any device. including yours. you will just never know. it goes from tivo, airtv, mibox, and list goes on. you will just never know. yes it is not silicondust fault but i feel like is their responsibility to know these things are prone to happening and will always happen as silicondust does not provide their own android box. They have to know that hdhomerun relies on android boxes that are manufactured by companies who does not have hdhomerun in mind when updating software and firmware. and is why am asking for help on my airtv mini 4k dongle. i want it added to the list so that it uses software decoding in the meantime, and i have requested the toggle to avoid having to go back and forth with this.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

I'm sorry for the slow progress on this, but rest assure we have not forgotten about it. I believe we are trying to figure out if we need to block all MPEG2 hardware decoding, or just some (such as interlaced content).

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron »

NedS wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:23 pm
I'm sorry for the slow progress on this, but rest assure we have not forgotten about it. I believe we are trying to figure out if we need to block all MPEG2 hardware decoding, or just some (such as interlaced content).
What's wrong with offering an option between software and hardware decoding for systems that support hardware decoding—and defaulting to hardware decoding; and using software decoding on systems that don't support hardware?

(It seems that SD's move to the "new UI" and a single web-delivered app across platforms is causing far more troubles than it's worth. Why was developing a native app for each platform deemed to be no longer the path forward/feasible? This reactive development approach seems to have had the opposite effect upon the users. …)

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

rpcameron wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:16 pm
(It seems that SD's move to the "new UI" and a single web-delivered app across platforms is causing far more troubles than it's worth. Why was developing a native app for each platform deemed to be no longer the path forward/feasible? This reactive development approach seems to have had the opposite effect upon the users. …)
Not relevant to this thread, but I think you are miss-understanding the UI architecture change. The old UI was HTML+JS common across all platforms. The new UI is written in React which compiles into HTML+JS common across all platforms. The app itself on each platform is native - responsible for playing video utilizing hardware acceleration features of each platform.

We think we have a better solution than a user control - it is being investigated.

Nick

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

nickk wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 pm
rpcameron wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 8:16 pm
Not relevant to this thread, but I think you are miss-understanding the UI architecture change. The old UI was HTML+JS common across all platforms. The new UI is written in React which compiles into HTML+JS common across all platforms. The app itself on each platform is native - responsible for playing video utilizing hardware acceleration features of each platform.

We think we have a better solution than a user control - it is being investigated.

Nick
hey any word? any fix? i still cant use the airtv mini 4k dongle

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

hey, anything? its been like 3 weeks still cant watch tv on my airtv mini 4k dongle?

Bkfinest

Post by Bkfinest »

Still waiting? Is this a joke? So does it mean am stuck with no tv? Silicondust keeps blaming manufacturers so how about you make your own android tv boxes and support it. Cant blame manufacturers if you rely on them to be able to use your platform. Been waiting for a fix or toggle switch i still cant see tv. This is unreal