Guide Data Sync to LiveTV on FireTV

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
SC-Hokie

Guide Data Sync to LiveTV on FireTV

Post by SC-Hokie »

I have an HDHomeRun Prime device on Xfinity working perfectly hardware-wise. I've recently added a FireTV device (to "upgrade" an old TV) and a new Sony Android TV. On the Android TV, the HDHomeRun Guide data seems to sync perfectly into the native "Live TV" app Program Guide provided via Android TV. However, the guide data does NOT sync to the Fire TV-native "Live TV" application, as-does RedBull TV for instance. The Guide data does display perfectly within the HDHomeRun app, so its there. Any way to get the Guide data to sync to the native LiveTV app on FireTV like it does on AndroidTV?

Thanks for the consideration.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Guide Data Sync to LiveTV on FireTV

Post by NedS »

We've supported the feature on our side, but Amazon has to enable it.

SC-Hokie

Post by SC-Hokie »

That makes sense and sounds unfortunate. Any ideas if Amazon enabling is in the works and/or how we may be able to influence it? Know that's likely a long shot. Thanks for the reply.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Unfortunately, only Amazon knows that. I could speculate on the possible motivations to approve it or deny it, but speculation doesn't mean much and in this case could be wildly inaccurate. It could be technical, it could be a business thing, it could be that they forgot or have a long list to approve, etc.