'Not connected to local network'

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
HDHRBevo

'Not connected to local network'

Post by HDHRBevo »

On one of my 3 Windows 10 (1903) HDHR connected clients, I am getting "Not connected to local network" notice pop up with the HDHR app in a blank (black) box and neither of the two option buttons will successfully bring up the HDHR interface. Any thoughts as to what is going on here?

I should have mentioned, that I can successfully do a myhdhomerun.com with that page showing my (remote) record PC, and my two connect tuners, etc. Further all browser, email, etc works fine.

Thanks
Gary

NedS
Silicondust

Re: 'Not connected to local network'

Post by NedS »

Same wifi network and everything? Any VPN or virtualization software installed (sometimes the virtual network drivers do weird things in Windows)?

HDHRBevo

Re: 'Not connected to local network'

Post by HDHRBevo »

Same wifi network and everything?
Yes, and my IOS devices work fine. I have three other Windows 10 PCs (counting the recording PC) that work fine.
Any VPN or virtualization software installed (sometimes the virtual network drivers do weird things in Windows)?
Nope, none of that. Its my wife's PC, pretty bare bones except for Office 365. Just started recently. Worked fine up until about a week ago. I submitted a support ticket on this, I really need to know what in the launch code they are checking for to create this error. Its kind of similar to this windows update problem:
https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/07/1 ... n-problem/
except I am on 1903 not 2004, and my internet icon shows connected (not disconnected).

Thanks
Gary