Trouble installing HDhomerun DVR on Synology NAS

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Kraig

Trouble installing HDhomerun DVR on Synology NAS

Post by Kraig »

I have a new Synology DS420+ and I'm trying to install the HDHomeRun DVR on it. I was following the instruction sheet I found on the HD Home run site https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:nas:synology

I get the following output when running the HDHomeRun NAS Install
Model: DS420+

SSH Enabled: Ok
SSH Session: Ok
NAS Architecture: x86_64
HDHomeRun Share: Ok
Installing Service: Ok
Configuring Service: Ok
Starting Service: Ok

I then went and setup the record engine to start automatically and that process seemed to work

Challenge in when I look at the Package center - installed I don't see HDHome Run installed? What did I do wrong?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Trouble installing HDhomerun DVR on Synology NAS

Post by signcarver »

That process isn't a package... personally for synology i recommend using demonrik's package but it sometimes can be a pain when you previously did the non-package nas install.

Kraig

Post by Kraig »

I wish i had realized that first. I saw the note with the "Demonrik alternative method" that you can have problems if you install both. It looks like the Demonrik thread has a May 4 2015 instruction on "How to transition from SiliconDust installer to the new SPK" The instructions are 5 years old I'm wondering if they still work?? I scanned the 27 pages of the Demonrik thread but Its not clear what post I should work from if I have a failed SiliconDust install .

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

The "transition" information allows you to continue to use an existing recording location so that you can still get to all your old recordings without having to manually move them to the new location. If you don't have any old recordings it doesn't matter and you can ignore that.