MECOOL KM9 Pro Deluxe supported?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
NedS
Silicondust

Re: MECOOL KM9 Pro Deluxe supported?

Post by NedS »

We may need to figure out another way of notifying the user in such cases.

PTSD

Post by PTSD »

PTSD wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:18 pm I've now got a SanDisk "512GB" Ultra Fit USB 3.1 flash drive connected to this KM9 Pro Deluxe Android TV.
To circle back on the issue of potentially dropping blocks during recording to this external flash drive ... We've seen absolutely no issues with this. Recording has been flawless. 8-)

We are using an HDHR5-4US CONNECT QUATRO to make back-to-back weekday recordings of several CBS soap operas. This means that there is at least the default one minute overlap between programs and dual write streams during that short overlap time. This is admittedly not pushing things very hard at all (we usually don't do concurrent full program length recordings), but at least it's working for our purposes.

PTSD

Post by PTSD »

More feedback on this setup (MECOOL KM9 Pro Deluxe with SanDisk 512GB Ultra Fit USB 3.1 flash drive for DVR storage):

A few nights ago we made two simultaneous one hour recordings from two HD OTA channels (thanks to SiliconDust), and also started live viewing one of the recordings about half an hour after it started. Again, absolutely no recording or viewing quality issues. :D

Prior to that the flash drive had filled up about two-thirds and I had deleted about 50% of those recordings, leaving the drive about one-third full. I actually went through this manual cleanup routine several times prior to making these simultaneous recordings. So I'm fairly certain that should have generated some TRIM activity, assuming that Android TV 9 actually supports that on external flash storage.

I could try to check the filesystem for TRIM evidence via the SSH Server app for Android TV but I probably won't bother with that. This is working just fine for us and I've got other fish to fry...

Our previous media server setup was using MediaPortal in Windows 10 on an Intel NUC NUC7i7DNHE. MediaPortal has a nice interface but IMHO navigation is a bit clunky compared to the HDHomeRun app on Android TV. That NUC was also noisy and eventually ended up on the trash heap due to a terminally corrupted Intel ME flash (would no longer boot an OS after that).

This MECOOL KM9 Pro ATV box is about the size and thickness of the palm of my hand, even with the SanDisk Ultra Fit flash drive attached, which has an external protrusion that is smaller than my thumbnail. It's fanless so totally quiet, and does get a bit warm during use, but the Intel NUC got much hotter even with its noisy cooling fan (which was frequently audible even from the "10 foot interface"). The best part is that the entire ATV hardware setup was about the price of a copy of Windows 10 Pro!

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

Flash drives don't support TRIM.