Missed recording - 30 Rock

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Jsherman

Missed recording - 30 Rock

Post by Jsherman »

I set the DVR to record the "30 Rock" special that was showing on the 16th, but the DVR did not record it. I checked the log and it did not show anything with "Rock" in it. After noticing this did not record, I set the DVR to record some random show (NCIS: Los Angeles) for a few minutes just to check that DVR was in fact working. However I later scheduled a program to record in the future (7 minutes with a 5 min before timer, the show was TMZ) which did start to record after a service reboot on my W10 box that runs my DVR. Any chance you could see where the problem lies? Thanks!

Device ID - 10721F5A
Diagnostic was turned on

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Missed recording - 30 Rock

Post by NedS »

Do you remember if you specifically set it to record "30 Rock: A One-Time Special" or did you set it to record the normal 30 Rock show?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

More than half the stations in the country didn't carry it as a protest against peacock.

I know zap had updated my local listings to dateline.

Edit: double checked and in my area all of prime time was changed to the wall and dateline when compared to generic nbc

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

NedS wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:09 am
Do you remember if you specifically set it to record "30 Rock: A One-Time Special" or did you set it to record the normal 30 Rock show?
I set it to record from the guide weeks ago. I double checked that it was going to record days prior as well.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

signcarver wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:05 am
More than half the stations in the country didn't carry it as a protest against peacock.

I know zap had updated my local listings to dateline.

Edit: double checked and in my area all of prime time was changed to the wall and dateline when compared to generic nbc
Ah that is interesting. I hadn't heard that most of the channels didn't show it.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Basically only NBC owned stations were actually going to show it as all the major affiliated companies such as Nexstar, Sinclair, Tegna, etc. were protesting that it was nothing more than an add for the upcoming peacock streaming service that would stream what they are paying major money for in their respective markets by the next day thus jeopardizing lucrative consent fees paid by cable operators (the cable company "could" offer the peacock streaming service as a perk, though that is doubtful outside of comcast).

If you happen to have cable and either clear qam or a prime (when the channels aren't DRM protected) there will be several rebroadcasts that unless you did a oneoff, should be picked up to record off other comcast/nbc universal channels such as USA.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

I believe Cox is doing a 90 day free trial of the paid version for their customers, and I think I saw something about it being available directly through their fancier STBs too. I got an email offering a 90 day free trial of the paid version courtesy of Google after I signed in to the free version on an Android device so I could watch the Premier League on Wednesday.

The episode is available on the free version of Peacock, so feel free to stick it to your local affiliate by watching it there :lol:.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman »

Thanks for the follow up & ideas! I ended up signing up for Peacock and watching it there.