Config file won’t create StorageID

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
sillywabbit

Config file won’t create StorageID

Post by sillywabbit »

Having a bit of trouble here. My sd card failed so I had to reinstall Raspbian lite on a new sd card on a Raspberry Pi 2. Went through the setup instructions for Linux. The HDHomerun config file won’t create a Storage ID. However, I can record shows and the recording engine is identified within the app. The recording engine won’t show up through the webpage my.hdhomerun.com. I’ve set write permissions to the config file. Stopped and started the recording engine. Deleted and recreated the config file but nothing seems to work to create a Storage ID. And I can access the path set within the config file.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Config file won’t create StorageID

Post by signcarver »

Most likely some permission or mount restriction... I seem to recall the engine not running as any particular user as what typically happens is it gets started by an installer which extracts the appropriate engine for your cpu, then that is executed and if the config doesn't have a StorageID, it adds one to the config. You may also wish to execute providing the location of the config file if you haven't akready.

If it becomes too much of a problem, I would put it in yourself... its just a uuid, just make sure it doesn't match another on your network.

sillywabbit

Re: Config file won’t create StorageID

Post by sillywabbit »

It was the file permission. Once the proper permission was set the config file generated a Storage ID. I appreciate your help.