HDhomerun software overlay interface not working

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
MarcP

Re: HDhomerun software overlay interface not working

Post by MarcP »

At least Silicon Dust is acknowledging they have a problem somewhere and not trying to hang it on Norton 360.

topdavis

Post by topdavis »

I can't be sure, but I would suspect. After my restore, I did all updates I could one at a time, whether it was a Microsoft update or a software update. Could it have been the Microsoft Edge upgrade? Maybe. Or the order things were upgraded? Possibly. Who knows, its Windows so anything is possible...

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

MarcP wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:36 pm
At least Silicon Dust is acknowledging they have a problem somewhere and not trying to hang it on Norton 360.
We still consider this an open issue, and we are still looking into it.

jgspears@gmail.com

Post by jgspears@gmail.com »

I have the same problem on one of my Windows computers. No problems on my other computers. I have reset, uninstalled and reinstalled. The computer with the problems I brand new. I am not using any extra antivirus software beyond Windows Defender. I have contacted support but have not had a response.

MarcP

Post by MarcP »

I hope they have some information on this shortly. It's pushing me to make decisions which will take me away from silicon dust. Before I trash my box, does anyone know of another Windows 10 app which will work with the silicon dust tuner.

topdavis

Post by topdavis »

Is it "really" a silucon.dust problem or a Windows issue that affects SD. Maybe try using a previous restore point and see if that fixes it. I used a backup to restore my SD and it is working now.

jgspears@gmail.com

Post by jgspears@gmail.com »

MarcP I have a Plex Media Server which works fine with the SD Tuner. Can view in real time or time shift. I just can't get the HDHomeRun app to work correctly on this newly built Windows 10 computer so am forced to use my Plex rather than the SD native app.

MarcP

Post by MarcP »

What ever Microsoft broke, they fixed in Windows 10 2004. I installed that and now the HD HomeRun App is working. Thanks everyone for the help