DVR chooses weak PBS over better signal

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
ctbarker32

DVR chooses weak PBS over better signal

Post by ctbarker32 »

I have several PBS stations WMPT, WETA, WHUT. There are several WMPT repeaters (e.g. 62.1) that I can now pickup but they are weaker signals with dropouts. How can I disable these weak stations in the DVR so only the strong signals are used? The DVR seems to always pick the bad signal over the better choices?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DVR chooses weak PBS over better signal

Post by signcarver »

A couple of ways, Either favorite or disable on the channel lineup of the tuner. (Click the "star" to mark such as favorite, click again to disable, and again to reenable as normal)

If the programs originally aired are on at the same time, favorite would be the preferred channel. If they are on at different times the first time it is on will be the one to record (though often with multiple pbs stations, many FirstAirings are marked as such on each thus multiple may record as a FirstAiring that matches the rule will record even if already recorded as since it is a FirstAiring you couldn't have recorded it yet).

It can take up to 2 hours for such settings to sync with the dvr unless the engine is restarted.

Alternatively you can use a 3rd party tool to specify a ChannelOnly rule.

Edit: i based my response on topic stating dvr picked such, not tuner scan picked one over the other (thus both are listed as sources, where the scan only adds one of the channels as a source. The scan is based on highest resolution first, then signal quality.

ctbarker32

Re: DVR chooses weak PBS over better signal

Post by ctbarker32 »

Very helpful. I will give your suggestions a try.