Nook tablet 10.1"

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
RayDas

Nook tablet 10.1"

Post by RayDas »

Not sure if this is the right forum, if not the mods can move it.

I am considering upgrading from my old Nook to the new Nook 10.1" tablet. My concern, on the new Nook 10.1", will I be able to install the HDHomeRun app. The Nook gives you access to the Google Play, is the HDHR app a free offering like in Windows store. What kind of experience could I expect when viewing some of my recorded stuff and just the live TV in general.

On my old Nook HD+ I did have Netflix installed and the viewing experience was very good, so I would imagine I would get the same experience on the new Nook while using the HDHR app?

Thanks

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Nook tablet 10.1"

Post by signcarver »

RayDas wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 8:59 am
Not sure if this is the right forum, if not the mods can move it.
This is the correct forum when talking about SD's apps
RayDas wrote:
I am considering upgrading from my old Nook to the new Nook 10.1" tablet. My concern, on the new Nook 10.1", will I be able to install the HDHomeRun app. The Nook gives you access to the Google Play, is the HDHR app a free offering like in Windows store. What kind of experience could I expect when viewing some of my recorded stuff and just the live TV in general.
Yes the android version of the app is free ever since around the time the DVR version came out (actually Ithink they stopped charging a bit before that).

What nook devices exactly, and what have you done to them? My understanding is that many of them can have more recent android added but most of the devices themselves are more likely a variant of android 4 and though the requirements still list a minimum of 4.4.2 most likely you would want at least android 6 for even a halfway good experience but I would not expect DRM content to ever work on it. If it is the newer 10.1 that is still being sold, I believe that android version is 8.1 so should be ok as far as being able to run the app and might even be DRM capable with stock firmware but there are many other things that can cause issues with playing tv streams. In some cases it can even be issues unique with your particular tv stations.
RayDas wrote:
On my old Nook HD+ I did have Netflix installed and the viewing experience was very good, so I would imagine I would get the same experience on the new Nook while using the HDHR app?
That is probably the worse statement/expectation I have ever seen in the forum (other than my tv can tune the station just fine, which has nothing to do with whether or not the HDHomeRun can tune such just fine) as being able to work with netflix has absolutely nothing to do with it being able to handle tv streams as the format is entirely different.