Error playing back programs from DVR

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Sandiaman

Error playing back programs from DVR

Post by Sandiaman »

I am now getting an error when I select a program I have recorded. I get the following error on the screen "There was an error while retrieving episodes data: request timed out".

I have received other errors using the unit but usually when I hit the BACK button on my TV remote I can recover.

Unfortunately, the DVR freezes up and I had to exit the app and then run another app (like Netflix) then startup the app where I can go go into Live mode.

I have a Sony 4K 900F model TV.

The program can be downloaded on my MAC so I can play it back via a MP4 file but I rather play it from my TV.

Please help.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Error playing back programs from DVR

Post by NedS »

Is this on wifi or wired ethernet for the Sony?

Sandiaman

Re: Error playing back programs from DVR

Post by Sandiaman »

It is connected directly to my modem via an ethernet cable. I downloaded an app onto my Sony TV that check for internet speed and when I run it it tells me I get 57 mbps download speed. What is weird is that I have been able to play back my recordings last week on my TV and no problem. What has changed? Maybe there should be a larger timeout for when a recording from the cloud is being played back from.

Update: I enabled the "Early access to features" option and now it is working again. I can select and play back recorded programs. Some time ago when I had this problem I was as told to do that by SiliconDust. I did and it worked for awhile. After having the problems returning I disabled it and I was fine for awhile. Now a re-enabled it and it working fine now as of May 17th, 2020. I sure hope SiliconDust can create a more robust download which would fix various problems they have with their unit. I would like to get a stable HDHomeRun DVR tuner.