App won't access DVR on same PC

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
LesMoss

App won't access DVR on same PC

Post by LesMoss »

Other devices see the DVR, but not on the DVR Win 10 PC.

I have used this command and gotten "OK".

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"
OK.

HD Homerun Prime latest release 20200225. Problem first seen following install of that release.

jasonl
Expert

Re: App won't access DVR on same PC

Post by jasonl »

Did you run as administrator? It will still report OK on a non-admin command prompt/powershell but won't actually make the change, because Microsoft.

LesMoss

Post by LesMoss »

Yes, I did, twice. And I restarted.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

My first thought was jasonl's as well but then I tried such and I actually get a message that such command must be run as administrator if not. I would look at other network related things, multiple nics (including wifi and virtual) where subnets may overlap. 3rd party firewall/anti-malware, vpn's...

Also are you sure you are using the win10 app... you should be if you installed the DVR but I have seen people with the old win7/8 app that doesn't work with the dvr.

LesMoss

Post by LesMoss »

Good catch, signcarver.

I was using app version 190205. I went to the Microsoft app store and looked up the HDHomerun app. It automatically updated the app to the 2020 version without me taking any action. That fixed it.

Questions: Why didn't my installation of the 2020 version cause an app update? Why did the app not automatically update when a more recnt app was available in the store? Does SD have any control over that? I have seen the app autmatically update in the past.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Only Microsoft has control over auto updates through the app store. For some reason it can take weeks or months for an app to update, and we're not sure why.