Live Stream Micro Stuttering - 532nmFlash

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
532nmFlash

Live Stream Micro Stuttering - 532nmFlash

Post by 532nmFlash »

Hello Gentlemen,

I have the same micro stuttering issue.

I don't notice the video is stuttering.

(human visual frequency response response varies, some can see 60Hz artificial light flicker, some can't see 30Hz flicker, and some exceptional individuals can see 120Hz flicker. But any normal human ear can detect stuttering at rates greater than 500Hz)

I do notice the audio stuttering and it is extremely irritating!!

To help you deduce the cause of this micro stuttering, I provide the following observations which have been verified by myself and others:

Comcast cable via HDHomeRun Prime via ethernet and wifi. All of the following elements are updated to the latest versions and are stable in all respects.

iPhone 10 wifi via HDHomeRun app = Stutter
iPhone 10 wifi via Channels app = No Stutter

iPad Pro wifi via HDHomeRun app = Stutter
iPad Pro wifi via Channels app = No Stutter

Macbook Pro Catalina wifi via HDHomeRun app = Stutter
Macbook Pro Catalina wifi via live (not DVR) Plex app = No Stutter

Macbook Pro Catalina ethernet via HDHomeRun app = Stutter
Macbook Pro Catalina ethernet via live (not DVR) Plex app = No Stutter

Windows 10 ethernet via HDHomeRun app = No Stutter
Windows 10 ethernet via live (not DVR) Plex app = No Stutter

My conclusion: There is a problem with iOS and MacOS in the implementation of the HDHomeRun app. No problem with Windows 10. Also, the problem cannot be blamed exclusively on firmware.

My question: When will this be fixed?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Live Stream Micro Stuttering - 532nmFlash

Post by NedS »

Unlikely to be the same issue. Stuttering or juddering is more of a symptom that can be caused by various different things.

In this case, we will need to look at your specific issue to see what is going on. I was not able to replicate any stuttering on a 2019 MBP on Mac OS Catalina (10.15.4), nor on my iPhone 11 with iOS 13.4.1. There are many different variables at play, and there might be something going on with the Comcast video encoding in your area that is having an issue with the app.

Can you get a sample file for us? https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/trouble ... l_channel1

You will need to get the IP address of your PRIME and select an example channel, so your command might look something like this:

Code: Select all

curl http://10.0.0.32:5004/auto/v210?duration=30 -o sample.mpg
Then upload the sample somewhere like Google Drive, One Drive, iCloud, Dropbox, etc, and send us a link?