DVR and OMV Permission Denied

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
cjbeckemeyer

DVR and OMV Permission Denied

Post by cjbeckemeyer »

I've setup my share with Openmediavault and am having an issue starting the hdhomerun_record service.
I have tried to use the windows installer and get the following:
Model: Windows Media Connect compatible (MiniDLNA)
SSH Enabled: Ok
SSH Session: Ok
NAS Architecture: armv7l
HDHomeRun Share: Ok
Installing Service: Ok
Configuring Service: Ok
Starting Service: Error
Service start failed
Unable to install

When i use putty and ssh into the folder and try to start the service i get the following:
./hdhomerun_record start
-bash: ./hdhomerun_record: Permission denied

I am not the most comfortable in linux but i can typically follow instructions.
I have had this working with a NAS through an ASUS router but that router stopped working and my new router does not allow ssh login. So decided to try RPI3 and OMV.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: DVR and OMV Permission Denied

Post by signcarver »

Typically omv mounts /tmp as noexec and you will have to fix that or move the record engine out of /tmp and start it yourself as what many people think of as the record engine isn't... as it is an installer that determines the architecture (cpu) of your system and then extracts the appropriate engine such as hdhomerun_record_arm to /tmp and runs it from there.

I would check if that is the case by looking at /etc/fstab

cjbeckemeyer

Re: DVR and OMV Permission Denied

Post by cjbeckemeyer »

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to look into that, as I said figuring out commands and file systems has not been my forte.

But the good news is that I was able to get it to install via the windows installer.

I used my old drive (NTFS formatted) and was able to run through there. I was previously having issues with mounting this drive but seems to be working now. My other drive was using ext4 then I tried a xfs based on some random google searching.

Thanks again