Latest update pixelation issues - psuKinger

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
psuKinger
Device ID: 13254099; 13219F42

Latest update pixelation issues - psuKinger

Post by psuKinger »

I am having issues as well, and they are not limited to just my nVidia Shield(s). I'm also experiencing problems with my phone (Google Pixel 2), and my Windows 10 Desktop.

Early on it was only a couple (maybe even just one) channels that were heavily pixelated, but at this point almost no channels will tune quickly. There is a long (many seconds) delay, and the only thing that seems to work/help is to exit back to the main screen (recordings/discover/tasks) and then re-enter Live TV. If I do so from a channel that "works well" (like ABC) rather than one that doesn't (MSNBC), sometimes coming in from that main screen works when initial app startup didn't.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Latest update pixelation issues - psuKinger

Post by NedS »

psuKinger wrote:
Mon May 11, 2020 6:32 pm
I am having issues as well, and they are not limited to just my nVidia Shield(s). I'm also experiencing problems with my phone (Google Pixel 2), and my Windows 10 Desktop.

Early on it was only a couple (maybe even just one) channels that were heavily pixelated, but at this point almost no channels will tune quickly. There is a long (many seconds) delay, and the only thing that seems to work/help is to exit back to the main screen (recordings/discover/tasks) and then re-enter Live TV. If I do so from a channel that "works well" (like ABC) rather than one that doesn't (MSNBC), sometimes coming in from that main screen works when initial app startup didn't.
Let's get some diagnostic data from the HDHomeRun itself:
  1. Go to the http://my.hdhomerun.com/ site
  2. Click your HDHomeRun's device ID
  3. Click System Status
  4. Check the Send diagnostic information box
  5. Go back one page
  6. Click Channel Lineup
  7. Click Detect Channels
Then reply back when you are done.

psuKinger
Device ID: 13254099; 13219F42

Re: Latest update pixelation issues - psuKinger

Post by psuKinger »

Apologies Ned and please disregard. I really was having those problems, but I seemed to have resolved them by identifying which of my two Prime's was causing problems and then 'detecting channels' while working your steps. Thanks for the note about channel detection.