Video Sync Issues with HDHR App (Shield)

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mcgillespie

Video Sync Issues with HDHR App (Shield)

Post by mcgillespie »

Hello,

I tried searching for similar issues and I could not find an issue that is exactly like the one I am experiencing. I'm using the HDHR app (I also use "Live Channels" and see the same issue) and am seeing an issue every 2-3 minutes on almost all channels. The sound never seems to be affected at all, as there is not any interruption. The problem I see is the video will sometimes freeze up and then it will go into almost a fast forward mode to catch up with where the audio is in the stream and then continue on. The sound and video never appear to be out of sync except when the freeze/FF occurs. Connection should be fine and plenty fast. I have only been experiencing this issue recently. Has anyone seen anything similar or had any problems? Hardware is an NVIDIA Shield (2017 model) and all the latest updates are installed on the hardware and the app. I have not noticed whether or not this occurs in other rooms (all have Shields) but I don't think the issue is present there. It seems to be isolated to this one particular Shield.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

mcgillespie

Re: Video Sync Issues with HDHR App (Shield)

Post by mcgillespie »

Also, FWIW, this appears to only happen on live TV. DVR recordings seem to be fine.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Search for the HDHomeRun app in the Google Play store and see if it has an update pending. I'm fairly certain that the latest release was supposed to improve sync issues on Android, but if you are already on the latest version then that will be of note for our development team.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

I think your answer was for the topic not the description... many people have been reporting pausing of video (usually for a second or less but sometimes a bit more) lately on nearly all android platforms. For me it is happening on shield, mi box, jetstream, verizon, and actually less noticeably on new ****.

mcgillespie

Post by mcgillespie »

Thanks everyone. On the latest app. I reverted back to the stable one away from the beta to see if that helps and I'll report back the results.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

We found and fixed the problem... new build in in QA testing now, scheduled for beta release tomorrow.

Nick

ZacMan
Device ID: 10115FF2, 1033A485, 13106388, 13111AC9, 1060B7DD

Post by ZacMan »

nickk wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:17 pm
We found and fixed the problem... new build in in QA testing now, scheduled for beta release tomorrow.

Nick
Thanks for the update.

I had to rollback on all my Android boxes and patiently waiting for the new version.

jchalk59

Post by jchalk59 »

Any update? I am experiencing this issue as well on my Shield TV boxes, pulling recordings from a Synology DVR box.

antigravity

Post by antigravity »

Beta and standard versions of the app are still freezing. Please fix