Removing record engine from WD My Cloud Single

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
elabra
Device ID: 101AD44A, 10430908, 104656E0, 104DE046, 131D89CA, 131F796F, 1045F491, 13254474

Removing record engine from WD My Cloud Single

Post by elabra »

I had the record engine running a while ago on the My Cloud Single I got as part of kickstarter. It was moved off and removed (so I thought) a while back when I started using a Win10 box for the record engine.

After a recent reboot of the My Cloud, it is now running again on the My Cloud. Instructions to remove it on the forum (using "del_apkg hdhomerun_dvr" command does not work - command not found) and using the HDHomerun Setup program to tell it to run on the Win10 system and apply do not work either.

It is an old version so I do not want it running./... any other command to use in ssh or some other way to remove it from MyCloud?

Tried removing the HDHOMERUN share but the record engine still shows up in my.hdhomerun.com page

Thanks

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Removing record engine from WD My Cloud Single

Post by NedS »

Checking, but it should also be possible to update the DVR, then use the remove command, as odd as that sounds.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

There are two different generations of the MyCloud Single. One uses the app package and one doesn't (the one you have).

1) If you deleted the HDHomeRun share first create it again.

2) Use Windows Explorer on a windows PC to go to the HDHomeRun share folder on the NAS.

3) Delete all the files in the share (assuming you don't want to keep recordings). At a minimum delete the hdhomerun_record file.

4) Delete the HDHomeRun share if that is no longer needed.

5) Delete the Reboot the NAS

Nick

elabra
Device ID: 101AD44A, 10430908, 104656E0, 104DE046, 131D89CA, 131F796F, 1045F491, 13254474

Post by elabra »

nickk wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:21 pm
There are two different generations of the MyCloud Single. One uses the app package and one doesn't (the one you have).

1) If you deleted the HDHomeRun share first create it again.

2) Use Windows Explorer on a windows PC to go to the HDHomeRun share folder on the NAS.

3) Delete all the files in the share (assuming you don't want to keep recordings). At a minimum delete the hdhomerun_record file.

4) Delete the HDHomeRun share if that is no longer needed.

5) Delete the Reboot the NAS

Nick
Thank you - that did it. I had tried that before and it did not work but now I realize I had removed the share but had not rebooted the MyCloud - and yes, this was the older model received as part of the Kickstarter for the DVR Engine. Now ready for the 2nd Kickstarter present soon!! :)