Firestick Freezing

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Morphis

Firestick Freezing

Post by Morphis »

Never done this ever until now. Video playback choppy, laggy, freeze video with sound. If I let it sit it'll start playing a little bit and do it again.

I've reset everything, network, firetv, router etc and does the same thing.

Again its never done this. I have no idea what you guys did to this app but it seems its going down hill.

Plex on the other hand works flawlessly. So I am 100% sure it's the HDHomeRun app itself.

Rollback to older firmware or patch it. Its no good the way it is. If plex works good with out issues then obviously it's the homerun app.

Please look into this issue. Thanks.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Firestick Freezing

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Can you please enable "send diagnostic information" in the settings menu in the app, then post back with the device ID of your HDHomeRun so we can check logs.

Nick

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

I really don't want to leave the device ID in the public forum. Is there a way to send you a dm?

Also I've switched to using Plex and I absolutely have no issues at all with it. It works on all my TV's and no lag or stuttering issues, or picture freeze.

Seems to me this is a problem with HDHomeRun App itself. I did notice a big difference after there was a update. All I know is Plex works flawlessly on all of my devices without any issues.

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

Still I do not understand why it's so hard to fix your app. I am getting really fed up with it. How you can allow junk like this to even exist.

Obviously there is a problem with it otherwise others like me wouldn't be here questioning about it would we.

I've posted more then one thread about this issue and still it hasn't been fixed.

No it's not my hardware, no it's not my isp or connection. Its not a Wi-Fi or ethernet issue.

Its your software, it's your app. I have no problems using Plex app with the Plex server. This is your problem. Stop trying to blame others and making excuses not to fix it.

This is troublesome in every aspect. Fix it.

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Hi Morphis,

We need diagnostic information so we can confirm what model of FireTV device you have and what problem the app is reporting.

In the title of this thread you mention Firestick but you also posted in a thread specific to the FireTV 4k product.

Can you please post the Device ID of your HDHomeRun so we can look up the diagnostic logs from the app and check what the problem is.

Nick

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Morphis wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:18 pm
Still I do not understand why it's so hard to fix your app. I am getting really fed up with it. How you can allow junk like this to even exist.

Obviously there is a problem with it otherwise others like me wouldn't be here questioning about it would we.

I've posted more then one thread about this issue and still it hasn't been fixed.

No it's not my hardware, no it's not my isp or connection. Its not a Wi-Fi or ethernet issue.

Its your software, it's your app. I have no problems using Plex app with the Plex server. This is your problem. Stop trying to blame others and making excuses not to fix it.

This is troublesome in every aspect. Fix it.
I understand you're frustrated, but you need to understand that at any given time, there are at least 10 or 20 major Android-based set-top-boxes out there with very different hardware (even within the Fire TV brand), and even more when you look at all Android devices, and then add in the other platforms. We're not trying to blame the hardware, we're trying to understand why our app is not working correctly in your situation, and to do that we need to know what the hardware is doing. If this was some universal problem that everyone was seeing then we would have fixed the issue before release. We really do use our own app every day.

Your device ID isn't sensitive information and won't mean anything to anyone other than us, but if you don't want to post it here you can e-mail us: https://www.silicondust.com/support/trouble-ticket/

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

Here ya go. 10762B3A

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

Morphis wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:19 am
Here ya go. 10762B3A
We still need the "Send diagnostics" setting turned on in the app. In the "Live/Recorded/Discover/Tasks" screen, there's a gear icon in the top-right corner, and that has all of the app settings.

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

It's on. Its been on for the past 2 weeks. Just checked and its still on.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

We have only been receiving diagnostic data from the HDHomeRun itself, not from the app.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

There are two places one must enable sending of diagnostics. The first is the tuner... when you enable that, it remains on for 10 days (unless turned off). The second is in the app (on the specific client you are seeing the problem with). Typically to enable here one can go to the gear and enable it. On some platforms it may be better to enable the old way of play/pause 13-26 times then choose such option.

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

And i am telling you it's on within the app. I just looked. Its still on. It is checked marked. I am looking at it right now. I even clicked off and back on again.

Must be your diagnostics software or something that allows you to get information.

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

I just looked again as of 5:10pm. Went to the gear within the app and says it's on.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

Toggle it off and on... by the way i mentioned the other way as i have seen instances in the past where the gear didn't work thus suggest the old "real" android(fire) way of play/pause.

I'd also confirm it is seeing/using the device you stated.

Morphis

Post by Morphis »

Yes it's still on.