Disable DVR channels on old HDHomerun Dual?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
CLorox
Device ID: 13107370,131A76C0

Disable DVR channels on old HDHomerun Dual?

Post by CLorox » Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:51 pm

Is there a way to disable digital antenna channels on the old HDHomerun Dual model when using it with the DVR? I have a few channels that I would like to disable / remove from the list as their signal quality is too low to watch. The older device doesn't have the channel list website, and the hdhomerun_config_gui app doesn't seem to have a way to disable the channel.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Disable DVR channels on old HDHomerun Dual?

Post by signcarver » Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:45 pm

Only way is to run the scan from a windows pc and not pick them up because if it detects the channel there is no way to disable as the full lineup is sent to sd for the apps to retrieve the channel list.

Personally i recommend anyone with legacy equipment not update it to a firmware from the last couple of years and continue to use it with the apps that were designed with the legacy methods in mind as I have several apps that get confused if they detect a lineup url from a legacy device as when they were written it was not expected for such device to have a lineup obtained by modern methods but i do understand that sd would want you to be on most recent firmware and keep in mind that by keeping such on old firmware that the hdhomerun app will no longer work with it.

CLorox
Device ID: 13107370,131A76C0

Re: Disable DVR channels on old HDHomerun Dual?

Post by CLorox » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:21 am

*edit * I thought this worked, but I still see the channels listed. so close, but no cigar*

Edit C:\ProgramData\Silicondust\HDHomeRun\digital antenna.xml
Removing the entries for each weak channel e.g. if IONPlus was weak, strike the whole section.

<Program>
<Name>IONPlus</Name>
<Modulation>8vsb</Modulation>
<Frequency>521000000</Frequency>
<TransportStreamID>1371</TransportStreamID>
<ProgramNumber>9</ProgramNumber>
<GuideNumber>58.1</GuideNumber>
<OriginalNetworkID>0</OriginalNetworkID>
</Program>

Reopen the hdhomerun setup app and save / apply. I