[HDHR Prime] DRM channels gone from Android TV Live Channels

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
nelsonjw

[HDHR Prime] DRM channels gone from Android TV Live Channels

Post by nelsonjw » Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:32 am

Until the most recent firmware and app update, I could view DRM channels in Android TV's "Live Channels" via my HDHR Prime 3; since the last update, these channels are not viewable anymore in Live Channels. They do still play in the actual HDHomeRun app on Android TV but the app is incredibly hard to navigate with a TV remote. DRM channels also work fine on my PC and Android mobile devices.

Again, everything worked fine with DRM channels until the most recent round of updates.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: [HDHR Prime] DRM channels gone from Android TV Live Channels

Post by NedS » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 pm

I just tested it and DRM channels are still playing in Live Channels when using the HDHomeRun input. I did have to reboot, because the first time I tried it I got a protection error, but now it's working fine. Also double check permissions on the HDHomeRun app to make sure "location" is turned on

nelsonjw

Post by nelsonjw » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:22 am

NedS wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:38 pm
I just tested it and DRM channels are still playing in Live Channels when using the HDHomeRun input. I did have to reboot, because the first time I tried it I got a protection error, but now it's working fine. Also double check permissions on the HDHomeRun app to make sure "location" is turned on
Thanks, I'll try rebooting my HDHR box today and report back.

nelsonjw

Post by nelsonjw » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:03 pm

Confirmed working after rebooting everything.