HDHomeRun Windows 10 App not downloading

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
wellywu

Re: HDHomeRun Windows 10 App not downloading

Post by wellywu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Now I get another error code: code: 0x80248014

This article tells me how to fix it:

3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 22810910e5

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:48 pm

So, now I got more problems. I don't know who to blame: Microsoft or Silicondust.

On my primary Microsoft account, I can download and install the Silicondust for Windows 10 app just fine, but when I launch it, it shows a black screen. I researched this technical issue and it seems to be persistent with no concrete solution available. On my secondary Microsoft account, the Silicondust for Windows 10 app won't download and install at all. I am using Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit Pro edition version 1909. This seems to be one of the contributing factors to the problems I described for others.

Now what?

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:01 pm

So, on my AVA Direct gaming desktop PC, the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows 10 app just works with both Microsoft accounts and I can watch live over the air television. Ditto for my Huawei Matebook X Pro ultrabook. Both run Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit Pro edition version 1909.

On my ASUS GL702ZC, no bueno. I'm either stuck at a black screen with my primary Microsoft account or it won't download and install for my secondary Microsoft account.

mid-2017 AVA Direct gaming desktop PC is using the latest AMD chipset driver and AMD Radeon graphics software and device drivers. Ditto for mid-2018 Huawei Matebook X Pro ultrabook.

mid-2017 ASUS GL702ZC is using the older AMD chipset driver 17.7 64 bit and older AMD Radeon 19.1.1 64 bit graphics software and device driver versions. I do this because AMD Radeon FreeSync is enabled and turned on for my laptop's screen. Upgrading to the latest AMD Radeon Adrenalin 20.2.2 64 bit causes AMD Radeon FreeSync to be disabled.

Before you go pointing fingers, let me stop you right here. Basically, AMD and ASUS are not fixing the latest AMD Radeon Andrenalin graphics software and device drivers to enable AMD Radeon FreeSync with the 2020 version of this software application for my mid-2017 ASUS ROG STRIX GL702ZC gaming notebook PC yet. So, AMD chipset 17.7 64 bit and AMD Radeon Andrenalin 19.1.1 64 bit are going to stay for now. I had a Dickens of a time uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling it to get AMD Radeon FreeSync to be enabled and turned on my laptop's screen.

Yet, the ASUS GL702ZC has no problems downloading and installing other Microsoft Store for Windows 10 apps just fine and each one runs great. SO, I am thinking that Silicondust has work to do with Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit version 1909 to update their app in the Microsoft Store.

I hope this is not too much technical information or too much information.

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:20 pm

So, I own Jriver Media Center 26 64 bit Master License on my three Microsoft Windows 10 64 bit Pro edition version 1909 PCs and on my mid-2015 Apple MacBook Pro 15" with Retina Display high end model. JRiver works just fine and the television feature is configured correctly and I can watch live over the air television with this software product and record programs just fine. By the way, the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Mac app also works on my Macbook Pro laptop.

Not sure why my ASUS GL702ZC gaming notebook PC is giving me problems with the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows 10 app. I understand it could be due to using old AMD chipset and Radeon Adrenalin driver versions, but my situation is a bit unique to other people that own this laptop to enable and turn on AMD Radeon FreeSync on their laptop's screens.

Seems like I'm running out of options here until Silicondust patches and updates their Windows 10 app.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:36 pm

Try installing the app as Jason described here: viewtopic.php?f=119&t=73377#p357890

That installer does install the HDHomeRun Setup application, but it will also attempt to install the viewer app if sideloading has been enabled.

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:38 pm

It worked in my second Microsoft account. The Silicondust HDHomeRun Windows 10 app is installed and I can watch live over the air television programming, change channels, listen to audio, etc. However, the same Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows 10 app still shows a black screen upon launch in my primary Microsoft account. I uninstalled the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows desktop application, downloaded the latest version from the link provided, reinstalled it, configured it correctly and launched the Windows 10 app and it still shows a black screen. My primary Microsoft account is an administrator account. How can I fix it so it just works?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:27 pm

Does anything show up if you click on the black screen? It might just be trying to tune a channel that doesn't exist, and it just needs the channel changed.

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:34 am

I just woke up early this morning. I'll test it later.

I did use the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows Setup and it found my Quatro and I pulled in the channels. I'll click on the black screen and see if I can change channels, but if I recall correctly, then nothing happens and I am stuck at the black screen. This is for my primary Microsoft account; my secondary Microsoft account and the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows 10 viewer works just fine.

wellywu

Post by wellywu » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Sorry for the delay in my response. I did click on the black screen and live over the air television is working on my primary Microsoft account with the Silicondust HDHomeRun for Windows 10 app. Clicking on the black screen brought up the menu system and I can change channels and watch live television. This is solved. Thank you for your extended help and technical support.