HDHR3-EU setup

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Manolinho

HDHR3-EU setup

Post by Manolinho » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:13 am

Hi guys,

I am new to the HDHR world and recently I bought an used HDHR model HDHR3-EU from a guy here in Bucharest with the plan to extend my Plex Media Server to stream local TV.
Now I have problems to actually make the device stream the actual channels to the apps in the network and I think this is because of a missing setup.

I got into the web interface and it seems I am missing some menus about channels. I looked to a bunch videos and guides on the web and I don't have the full menu listed as they have. I know it's an old model. I updated the latest firmware but still the same.

I can confirm by running the HDHomeRun Setup on my Windows 10 machine, I am receiving about 100 channels and all of them are working fine only if I start them from the setup application. The windows app, ios, android tv app all of them are not receiving anything.

Do you have any clues on how to get the web interface shows the channels menu like "Channel Setup", "Tuner Status" or the device is not compatible to do achieve this ?

My guess it should similar to this

Thanks in advance!!

jasonl

Re: HDHR3-EU setup

Post by jasonl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:36 am

The channel and status information is not available on the web page for HDHomeRun Dual devices due to limitations in the hardware. You would need one of the CONNECT models (for DVB-T/T2) or EXPAND model (for DVB-C) for that to work.

Regarding the channels not working in the app, do they come up with real channel numbers (1, 2, 26, etc.) when you run the channel scan, or no numbers/numbers in the 5000s? The process that syncs the channel information on the old Dual devices only works if channel numbers are present from the broadcaster/cable provider.

Manolinho

Post by Manolinho » Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:50 am

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your input.

Screenshot below is from the setup application

Is there a way to view them in the other apps like the windows app below, like another software??

Thanks.

jasonl

Post by jasonl » Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:44 am

It will not be possible to view those channels from the HDHR3-EU in the HDHomeRun app, as your cable provider does not provide channel numbers. It would work with an HDHomeRun EXPAND device.

Manolinho

Post by Manolinho » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:37 am

Hi Jason,

I am able to see channel number now as below, but still not able to see anything in the HdHomeRun app. I am using another cable provider.

Do I have to do some further configuration in order to be able to view them in the app ?

Manny thanks in advance!!

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:11 am

Did you follow the instructions here viewtopic.php?f=126&t=43986

What you have is a legacy tuner that doesn't have the capability of the newer tuner. So you will not see channels in web listing.

Manolinho

Post by Manolinho » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:29 am

I run it again the setup and did the same steps..Now I am able to see on the other apps..I will soon upgrade to a new product.