Roku App not showing DVR options

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
cboger

Roku App not showing DVR options

Post by cboger »

I have set up my DVR on a Windows 10 machine. I have 2 roku ULTRAs. My iphone app shows live TV, record, and DVR options. The Rokus only show Live TV channels...

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Roku App not showing DVR options

Post by signcarver »

What version of dvr as it needs the latest release(presumably haven't heard of reports about it yet), or previous beta (where such made its debut)

cboger

Post by cboger »

I'm not sure how I can tell. It's not clear to me what actually got installed. It said I needed to install something for the DVR, but what it installed looked just like the regular software.

cboger

Post by cboger »

Ok i found 20200225

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver »

The only version I know that works is the older beta. As I said, I have not seen any reports of such working or not working with the latest release and it is "possible" the roku "app" checks for that specific version rather than anything newer but I doubt that as I think I would have seen such posts of t not working by now.

What do you mean by "DVR Options" and has the engine recorded anything yet as it is my understanding that the roku "app" is playback only.

cboger

Post by cboger »

Yes, you are correct they just sent me a note to that effect. Pretty disappointing. Do you know if it is fully functional on other streaming devices?

nickk
Silicondust

Post by nickk »

Hi,

Playback of DVR recordings works on Roku... what problem are you seeing?

Nick

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Playback of recordings works on Roku but not scheduling of new ones. Scheduling is available on any other device that the HDHomeRun app runs on (Android phone/tablet/TV/Fire TV, iOS, Windows 10, Mac, Xbox One).

LesMoss

Post by LesMoss »

Using Roku app on Roku Ultra on Charter (Spectrum). 2/25/20 firmware.

1. I coulnd not watch a program while recording. Worked OK once program was finished.

2. But, during playback the up/down'left/right did not do the documented skip forward/back functions. Instead they return me to the HD Homerun main screen.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS »

LesMoss wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:15 pm
Using Roku app on Roku Ultra on Charter (Spectrum). 2/25/20 firmware.

1. I coulnd not watch a program while recording. Worked OK once program was finished.

2. But, during playback the up/down'left/right did not do the documented skip forward/back functions. Instead they return me to the HD Homerun main screen.
1. This appears to be a limitation of the Roku video player, where maybe it is getting confused with the "incomplete" file, but we can look into it.

2. This might be due to the issues the Roku video player has with most cable TV channels. In a lot of cases, the Roku app/channel will only work with over-the-air HDHomeRun models, so we tend to tell people it won't work with cable. However, sometimes people get lucky, and whatever formatting that the cable company is using doesn't cause the Roku video player to have issues. It's typically an all-or-nothing kind of thing, so that might not be the issue here. I will ask the developers on Monday morning to see if there is something we can do there.

LesMoss

Post by LesMoss »

OK, I will wait for yor investigation.

I am willing to make tests for you if you need it.

SLiMiam

Post by SLiMiam »

I am having the same or similar issue. When I open the HDHomeRun channel on my Roku Ultra, a message pops up to "Update RECORD engine".
"Some of your software is out of date and the channel cannot function fully. Update of software needed for: HDHomeRun RECORD (20180817)"
"Please go to my.hdhomerun.com for more information."

I've downloaded and installed the latest version from SiliconDust, but I continue to see this message.
My record engine is installed on my NAS device.

I am able to view live TV on the HDHomeRun channel. There is just no option to playback recorded shows. I am not trying to schedule new recordings. Just looking for playback.

foxbat121
Device ID: 131087C9, 13233B7C

Post by foxbat121 »

Depends on where your record engine is installed, you may need to do additional steps in order to update the record engine. Only the 0225 version of record engine will support the RoKu.

SLiMiam

Post by SLiMiam »

I follow the instructions for updating the RECORD engine to my QNAP NAS. But, I cannot perform the install as I get the following error message.
HDHomeRun Share: Error
smbd not found or not running
Unable to install

I have SSH enabled and I am entering the correct ID and password.

SLiMiam

Post by SLiMiam »

I figured out what the problem was. The install of version 20200225 kept failing. I was able to get past the error.