Positioning lost after viewing description of a recording

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
retate

Positioning lost after viewing description of a recording

Post by retate »

There is a problem after viewing the description of a recording and trying to continue proceeding through this list of recordings. This problem has existed since at least very early in the new UI deployment. It was not a problem in the old UI. The second time I posted on this several months ago my post was acknowledged, but I never saw any follow up

Assume that in recorded movies section you have a large number of movies. If you are scrolling to the right through the movies, you stop and select one to view the description, using escape I expect to be positioned such that I can continue to scroll to the right from the movie I just viewed the description of. In the old UI this worked regardless of the number of movies. In the new UI this works for the first 59 movies. Once you go beyond the 59th movie, when you escape from viewing the description you will be positioned to the first entry on the All Recordings line. The All Recordings exhibits a similar behavior, but I have not confirmed if the 60th entry is where the problem first occurs. In past testing I have duplicated this problem on both Windows 10 and on Shield versions. I reproduced it tonight on Windows 10 Version 202200214 (App)/20200226i (UI).

I would really like to see a fix for this problem.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Positioning lost after viewing description of a recording

Post by nickk »

Problem confirmed. Works for the first 60 top level entries, loses position if you go past 60.

We will fix.

jasonl
Expert

Post by jasonl »

Fixed in 20200304 (early access).

retate

Post by retate »

This problem still exists on the platforms I reported it on. I reproduced it on the following versions (early access is turned on for both).

Windows 10 - Version 20200214 (App) / 20200309 (UI)
Nvidia Shield - Version 20200217 (App) 20200309 (UI)(beta)

retate

Post by retate »

This problem (positioning lost after viewing description of a recording) still exists on 20200608b (UI) on Windows 10. I believe this has been broken for over a year. Is there any plan to fix this?