Edit channel frequency

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
neil1981

Edit channel frequency

Post by neil1981 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi all,

I'm a bit of a noob with the HD Homerun. I have decided to ditch EyeTV after their awful Mac 64bit version and jumped in with a Quattro Connect using the macOS app (and I've even subscribed to the DVR!). Been using EyeTV for 14 years so it's all a bit new for me.

I live in the UK in an area that is covered by 2 TV transmitters. They broadcast the same channels on different frequencies and I get a better signal on one than the other.

However, when I searched for channels on the HD Homerun several of the channels have defaulted to the wrong TV transmitter. For example, if I want to watch BBC One I know that the best frequency is 650mhz but the HDHomerun has decided that it wants to use 418mhz which has poor signal and keeps breaking up. In EyeTV there is an option where you can manually organise your channel list and disable the ones that are on the wrong frequency.

Using my.hdhomerun.com I can see that it has detected 308 channels but it is only letting me view 167. So I know they are there. I just need to tell it which ones to use and which ones to ignore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Edit channel frequency

Post by signcarver » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:37 pm

No easy option for any software that relies on the scan for channel listings... it ads the one with highest resolution, but if equal, adds the one that shows best signal quality during the scan (there are also periodic background scans that follow the same rules)

The only way to fool it would be to block that frequency which typically blocks neighboring ones that are still needed. In some cases aiming the antenna to a less optimum position may help.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Edit channel frequency

Post by NedS » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:59 pm

We plan on adding a feature to let you specify your TV market, similar to how TVs in the UK/EU handle this internally.