Padding Recording

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
emg60060

Padding Recording

Post by emg60060 » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:08 pm

I scheduled both NFL games to record. The 1st included the 30min padding, but the 2nd did not and ended at the scheduled time. With the given scenario, I think padding was respected in the past in this scenario.

Thanks

ryoshioka

Re: Padding Recording

Post by ryoshioka » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:14 pm

I think I'm hitting the same problem. I'm trying to record both NFL games with padding on both. The first game has the padding and the second one doesn't. Maybe the problem is with the padding, the first recording overlaps with the second recording?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:55 pm

You might want to describe how you set such and what platform...

for testing I did the following and then verified what the rules were set to using the api call rather than what was displayed by the app.

At first I wasn't able to confirm the issue but then tried setting them up a few more times...

On windows if one sets the first up, then the second, then sets up padding, it sets both as expected (note I did not leave the screen that listed the episodes)

If one sets the first program then sets padding then sets the second, the second got the original default 30s amount however one would not know that in the app as both showed my choice of 30 minutes but when I retrieved using api it showed that the second (which is listed first) as having 30 (seconds) rather than the 1800 (seconds) the api returned for the first one set. (again did not leave screen between setting up of episodes but did also look at each in tasks and both tasks said 30 minutes in app but the server reports 30 seconds and what the server reports is what gets sent to the engine starting about 4 hours prior to recording)

Note that one should probably verify other amounts as in the past there have been some issues with various padding times of being set to seconds when minutes was chosen.

GetMatt
Device ID: 1310683C, 13196816, 10733FC0

Post by GetMatt » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:42 pm

In my experience if you have a team set to record (e.g. I have all Seahawks games set to record) then when you set a one off recording it will not pickup the padding. However once you are done setting up the one off recordings, if you then set the padding again it will record the padding on all scheduled future recordings for "NFL Football" unless you change the list of games you are recording again. This is a known issue that SD is working on.

EDIT: I think what might be happening (I could be very wrong) is that when you set the one off it's not applying the padding set up for the series because it's not part of the series so it just ends being the default 30s padding.

emg60060

Post by emg60060 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:42 pm

Yep, thats the scenario.

"If one sets the first program then sets padding then sets the second, the second got the original default 30s amount however one would not know that in the app as both showed my choice of 30 minutes but when I retrieved using api it showed that the second (which is listed first) as having 30 (seconds) rather than the 1800 (seconds) the api returned for the first one set. (again did not leave screen between setting up of episodes but did also look at each in tasks and both tasks said 30 minutes in app but the server reports 30 seconds and what the server reports is what gets sent to the engine starting about 4 hours prior to recording)"