Can we export Tasks Lists to Avoid Scheduling Conflicts?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
themusj

Can we export Tasks Lists to Avoid Scheduling Conflicts?

Post by themusj » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:58 pm

I know there were some scripts on this at one time, but they do not appear to be working. I am REALLY hoping someday SD will add the scheduling conflict solution to their DVR product.

Until then, IF can export the tasks {particularly movies and one-off TV episodes} I can at least compare it to a schedule I have of my routine TV shows I am recording; hence manually moving recordings around to avoid conflicts.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Can we export Tasks Lists to Avoid Scheduling Conflicts?

Post by NedS » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:40 pm

It might be possible to do something with the DVR API: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr_api

Deihmos

Post by Deihmos » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm

I just realized there is no scheduling conflict with the DVR. Man this software is taking forever to get up to speed. Focusing on the wrong things if you ask me.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:53 pm

Deihmos wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm
I just realized there is no scheduling conflict with the DVR. Man this software is taking forever to get up to speed. Focusing on the wrong things if you ask me.
The software does handle scheduling conflicts. The software will allow recording tasks to have different priorities in the event of a conflict, and it will automatically try to record the missed task/episode the next time that episode airs. The only thing the app doesn't do at the moment is warn about future conflicts, and that is something that is being looked at.

bigfan99

Post by bigfan99 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:52 am

NedS wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:53 pm
Deihmos wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:29 pm
The software does handle scheduling conflicts. The software will allow recording tasks to have different priorities in the event of a conflict, and it will automatically try to record the missed task/episode the next time that episode airs. The only thing the app doesn't do at the moment is warn about future conflicts, and that is something that is being looked at.
Having a Task view by date would be helpful in manually avoiding schedule conflicts. This was a standard view in WMC.