Unable to install DVR software to WDMyCloudEX2Ultra

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
joeonroute66

Unable to install DVR software to WDMyCloudEX2Ultra

Post by joeonroute66 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:47 pm

I have been using HDHomeRun with a HDHomeRun 4 tuner adapter. It has run well. Tonight, the HD Software on the Sony TV set with the HDHomeRun app on it and it would only play about a minute of a show and then stop.

I noticed that the DVR software on the WDMyCloudEX2 Ultra appeared to be out of date. I made the mistake of uninstalling it after it would not update from a Windows 10 computer. I have been following what is said on the multidisk update from Windows. Windows repeatedly says that there is no NAS devices found.

Western Digital has apparently pulled the HdHomeRun app from their site and I cannot install it manually. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have a Netgear 6400 router and it has the latest firmware on it, too. I am concerned that has caused problems.

Thanks in advance,

Joe

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Unable to install DVR software to WDMyCloudEX2Ultra

Post by signcarver » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:13 pm

To my knowledge it has never been on wd's site, only SD's. For the windows installer to see it, there must be a upnp (dlna server) running on it as that is how the installer sees it. Personally i would ssh in and do a manual install of the standard linux engine but you may prefer getting the file for wd nas's direct from SD . It is also unnecessary to uninstall prior to updating.

You will want the latest beta engine and though not my preferred install method (compared to ssh) i would obtain the latest beta from https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/dvr:nas:wd:multiple and follow those manual steps. (Note wd requires such packages to be device specific so make sure you grab the right one)

joeonroute66

Re: Unable to install DVR software to WDMyCloudEX2Ultra

Post by joeonroute66 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:47 pm

I found the problem. I did not have Network Discovery services enabled on the Windows computer. I was able to install a more recent HDHomeRun version on the WDMyCloud easily once it was turned on. Fortunately, I did not loose any previous recordings and the Sony TV is cooperating with the NAS.

Thanks,

Joe