HD HomeRun Roku Channel Can't Find Tuners

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
JSW

HD HomeRun Roku Channel Can't Find Tuners

Post by JSW » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:01 am

Hi,

I recently added the HDHomeRun channel to a Roku 3 and a Roku Ultra. Both Rokus have the latest firmware (9.2.0 Build 4806). I have two HDHR3-US tuners on our home network. Their firmware is 20170930, which appears to be the latest version for these tuners? I have tried to update the firmware from the website ( my.hdhomerun.com), but when I click on the version link, I get a 404 Page Not Found error.

The tuners work fine on my media server NextPVR and with the HDHomeRun app on our Windows 10 PCs. But when I launch the HDHomeRun channel on the Rokus, it says "Discovering devices...", and then I get an error message saying "Unable to find HDHomeRun tuner on local network." Both Rokus and both tuners are connected to our network by Ethernet.

Does anyone know what the issue is with my setup? Thanks for the help!

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: HD HomeRun Roku Channel Can't Find Tuners

Post by jasonl » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am

The Roku app only works with HDHomeRun devices that support HTTP streaming (CONNECT/EXTEND/EXPAND/PRIME). It will not work with legacy Dual devices like yours.

JSW

Re: HD HomeRun Roku Channel Can't Find Tuners

Post by JSW » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:10 pm

jasonl wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am
The Roku app only works with HDHomeRun devices that support HTTP streaming (CONNECT/EXTEND/EXPAND/PRIME). It will not work with legacy Dual devices like yours.
I was afraid my tuners might be too old.

Thanks for the quick reply!