DVR Current Season recording tasks disappear on edit.

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
bzz

DVR Current Season recording tasks disappear on edit.

Post by bzz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:28 pm

I've been using my HDHomeRun's with WMC on Windows 7 for years, but with Win 7 support coming to an end I've started looking for a new Live TV / EPG / DVR solution. I signed up for the DVR service and it appears to be working acceptably for the most part. I noticed that when I schedule a show to record the Current Season, it records all re-runs of episodes for that season. If I deselect any episode from recording, the entire task for the show goes missing & is no longer in the UI.

As an example, I setup South Park to record the Current Season (currently season 23). The initial recording task is present. I can close & re-open the HDHomeRun app & the recording task is still displayed. As I already have Season 23, Episodes 1-9 on my current DVR I don't need to re-record them. If I deselect any of these episodes from the recording task the entire task disappears.

How can I setup a recording for the Current Season of a show but still remove the re-run episodes from that season?

Another question I have is when I setup a show to record with the Current Season option, when the current season ends & a new season starts up will recordings be scheduled for the new season or will I need to setup another recording task? As an example, I have setup a Current Season recording task for South Park. South Park is currently in season 23. When this season completes & season 24 begins airing will those recordings be schedule as well?

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: DVR Current Season recording tasks disappear on edit.

Post by jasonl » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:29 pm

It is not possible to individually disable certain episodes. The next release of the UI for the app will prevent removing series recording of a show if you attempt to modify an individual recording.

The current season option will only record episodes that were first aired within the last 90 days and/or are flagged as "new" in the data from our guide provider. This will continue to work for future seasons because those airings will also be flagged as new and should have original air dates that match the date of recording.

bzz

Post by bzz » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:39 pm

Hello & thanks for the reply!
jasonl wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:29 pm
It is not possible to individually disable certain episodes. The next release of the UI for the app will prevent removing series recording of a show if you attempt to modify an individual recording.
Just so I'm clear, will the next release prevent a user from removing an individual recording (to preserve the series recording), or will it allow a user to remove an individual recording but still preserve the series recording?

In the interim, is there any way to schedule automatic recording of only new episodes for a TV series? I haven't been able to figure out how to do that. The current season option (being unable to deselect individual recordings) is generating dozens of undesired recordings.

On another note, is there any way to set the default values for the pre & post recording padding?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:01 am

I believe the current beta (enable early access) does not allow one to set up a oneoff when you have a series set to prevent it from canceling the series.

No way to set up "new" with SD's client... with 3rd party tools you can set up an AfterOriginalAirDate of "now" or in the future and those that are marked as FirstAiring (new) get recorded as anything marked as a FirstAiring for a series rule will get recorded in some cases when on another channel it may be marked as such for that channel. Third party tools also can set up ChannelOnly rules for the series to record from a specific channel... only one channel is allowed for such. As far as the undesirable recordings, keep in mind that a red dot does not necessarily mean it will be recorded only that it is a candidate (early access has tried to change such indication and may even be in stable now) so when saying such make sure you are only counting things that actually did record.

Default padding on SD's clients cant be set... again 3rd party tools may allow such.