DVR, drm and prime box

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
crashnburn

DVR, drm and prime box

Post by crashnburn » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:58 am

I read that comcast is raising the rental for dvr service. I recently dropped the SD dvr service since comcast screwed up my prime box from working. I never really got it to work anyway. Can I record drm channels with the dvr activated again. I'm have a windows10 pc where I tried to set it up originally. If I get the dvr working and record drm shows can I watch them on android or only a windows pc. I may activate the dvr service again to avoid the comcast fees. Thanks in advance.

EddieP

Re: DVR, drm and prime box

Post by EddieP » Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:55 am

crashnburn wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:58 am
I read that comcast is raising the rental for dvr service. I recently dropped the SD dvr service since comcast screwed up my prime box from working. I never really got it to work anyway. Can I record drm channels with the dvr activated again. I'm have a windows10 pc where I tried to set it up originally. If I get the dvr working and record drm shows can I watch them on android or only a windows pc. I may activate the dvr service again to avoid the comcast fees. Thanks in advance.
You cannot record DRM channels only watch them.

crashnburn

Re: DVR, drm and prime box

Post by crashnburn » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:28 pm

Thanks. I thought I had read that before but wanted to confirm it. Thanks again.