Charlie Brown T.G special did not record

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Charlie Brown T.G special did not record

Post by mcewinter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:46 am

Can you see as to why the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving special didn't record? Would I have to have had debugging enabled to check?

I can live without the recording, but living with the fact that some things might not record in the future isn't so forgivable. I may have the family hop on Plex to give their DVR a fair day in court since DRM is non issue for me, at the moment. Life with a grid guide is becoming more appealing to me.

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Charlie Brown T.G special did not record

Post by nickk » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:55 am

Hi,

The recording rule you have set up is set to "recent only" which means it will only record new or newish episodes (latest season). Charlie Brown is an older classic without new episodes so nothing to record.

The feature is designed for long running shows like NCIS or The Simpsons where you want to record the latest season but not old repeats in syndication.

If you change the recording rule to "all episodes" it will record.

I will talk to the team here... it could be argued that Charlie Brown specials should be treated like movies rather than episodes.

Nick

mcewinter
Device ID: 131044D3, 103188F3

Re: Charlie Brown T.G special did not record

Post by mcewinter » Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:44 pm

That is less than intuitive. Sure it's an old show but only airs around Thanksgiving.

Time to educate my family on how to circumvent the deficiencies of your UI.