Realtime Tuner Monitoring?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
daphatty

Realtime Tuner Monitoring?

Post by daphatty » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:23 am

The status page provided by my.homerun.com leaves a bit to be desired as it only shows the details of one tuner at a time and you must refresh the page to get up to date statistics. Are there any other options for monitoring tuner status? Preferably one that shows all of the tuners simultaneously, in full detail, and as close to realtime as possible?

rpcameron

Re: Realtime Tuner Monitoring?

Post by rpcameron » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:10 pm

What you're probably looking for is the hdhomerun_config_gui app that they used to ship. It's no longer shipped with their packages, but the source is still available: https://www.silicondust.com/support/linux/

I'm not sure if the Windows application was built from the same sources or what toolchain they used, but I believe the app was the same. Perhaps someone still has a copy laying around they could post for you.

daphatty

Post by daphatty » Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:34 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm sure I could find a Linux VM somewhere in my network to leverage for this install. Do you happen to know whether usage documentation (aside from the installation guide you just linked) still exists? I've dug around but have yet to find anything relevant to this tool.

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron » Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:22 pm

There's no necessary documentation. It presents a simple window, with a list control on the left with each discovered device and its tuners. On the right are two sections. The upper section is for selecting the channel (using frequency or RF channel, virtual channel numbers are not supported), and a button to open a stream to the selected channel in VLC. The bottom portion of the right-hand panel has the real-time statistics such as signal quality, SNR, signal quality, etc.

That said, if you have the devleopment libraries for GTK+2 for Windows, the same sources should build. If you're going to use Linux, a variety of distributions have a pre-built (or source) package of the tool available. For example: https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/hdhomerun-config-gui

(It's also available on every other currently supported Ubuntu release, too.)

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Both hdhomerun_config and hdhomerun_config_gui comes with the windows software package (software not app).

rpcameron

Post by rpcameron » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:15 pm

signcarver wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:00 pm
Both hdhomerun_config and hdhomerun_config_gui comes with the windows software package (software not app).
Thanks for the clarification. I know they removed it from the macOS package, but at least it's still there in the Windows package.