App opening to Account Information

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
CubsWin

App opening to Account Information

Post by CubsWin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:27 pm

When I open the HDHomeRun app on Windows 10 or my Shield TV Pro, it always opens up to the Account Information page and I have to click on "Continue" in order for it to go to the next screen. In the settings, it is set for "Live TV" as the startup page and I would like to open directly to the Live TV channel. Is there something I can do to bypass the Account Information screen?

NedS
Silicondust

Re: App opening to Account Information

Post by NedS » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:25 am

The screen does't do a good job at making it clear what it is prompting for. Basically, it either sees new HDHomeRun hardware or thinks there are tuners that are missing. If you see an entry for one of the tuners that is crossed out, then that tuner is missing. If that is intentional, you can use the delete button next to that entry to remove it (it can always be added later very easily if you are unsure).

mimmic

Post by mimmic » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 pm

NedS wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:25 am
The screen does't do a good job at making it clear what it is prompting for. Basically, it either sees new HDHomeRun hardware or thinks there are tuners that are missing. If you see an entry for one of the tuners that is crossed out, then that tuner is missing. If that is intentional, you can use the delete button next to that entry to remove it (it can always be added later very easily if you are unsure).
I just saw this for the first time. My prime is crossed out even though it had network connectivity and 78 channels in the line up. Now my HDHomeRun app is unable to view any of the prime channels. I’m unable to restart my dvr since it’s currently recording from my connect. I did restart the prime and no change. How do I fix this?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:03 am

mimmic wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:27 pm
NedS wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:25 am
I just saw this for the first time. My prime is crossed out even though it had network connectivity and 78 channels in the line up. Now my HDHomeRun app is unable to view any of the prime channels. I’m unable to restart my dvr since it’s currently recording from my connect. I did restart the prime and no change. How do I fix this?
If you quit the app and go back into it, does anything change? The logs from your DVR software show that the DVR can see the PRIME, so it sounds like only the client is having problems seeing the PRIME.

mimmic

Post by mimmic » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:43 pm

It did it for a day or so then stopped. Haven't seen it since. Nothing changed in my network.