Record engine declares certain programs same as...

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Jimmersd

Record engine declares certain programs same as...

Post by Jimmersd » Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:17 pm

I have had an ongoing problem missing recordings that I tasked to be made. I can see that they exist in the TASKS menu but just never get made. When I check the log I see there was no attempt to record. There are also instance where a program is declared to be previously recorded but as far as I know I have never recorded them before. There doesn't seem to be a method to clear a previous record designation and re-record.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Record engine declares certain programs same as...

Post by NedS » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:40 pm

Do previous recordings show up in the client app at that time?

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:48 pm

NedS wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:40 pm
Do previous recordings show up in the client app at that time?
I haven't looked to see if they are active at the time of recording. I know I can access the channels that are to be recorded.

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:30 am

Can a provider set DRM flags on an individual program but not a whole channel?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:29 am

Though very rare, it can happen... but I don't think that is your issue (happened much more often years ago when they had to obey the "broadcast flags"). Also note that drm enforcement is in real time, not the time of the scan, so if drm restrictions are present they take effect immediately.

From some of the things you mentioned it almost sounds like everything isn't in the same subnet or for some reason the recording engine isn't seeing all tuners.

You also didn't mention what programs as certain types of programs may be considered repeats if not marked as a first airing but those should be in the engines log (as long as not servio/scribe... wasn't sure if you might have meant you were looking at the tuner's log rather than engine's) though if deleted (through app) without told to rerecord can also cause issues.

Do you happen to have more than one engine running?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:13 pm

We'll need some specifics like the show name, date, and time, as well as the device ID for your HDHomeRun to investigate. We can also reset your recorded episode history if you would like to see if that helps. Odds are the problem is that you did record the episodes previously, or there isn't episode data present to distinguish one airing of the show from another and they all get counted as duplicates.

Jimmersd

Post by Jimmersd » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:59 pm

I have determined that some are on a DRM channel. There are probably 5 channels on my version of Brighthouse-Spectrum which are DRM and I can only see that if I look at the tuner's channel lineup webpage. I can watch the channel, I just cannot record. File this under uncertain.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Lucky you. Most ex-Brighthouse areas have reverted to all DRM since Spectrum took over.