Recordings not showing up in Recorded list - skeanie

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
skeanie

Recordings not showing up in Recorded list - skeanie

Post by skeanie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:09 am

I have the same issue in a new Windows 10 DVR setup. I can see the recorded files in File Explorer. As a workaround I've added the recordings folder to my Plex library so they at least show up in Plex. Does SiliconDust even monitor this forum? This topic doesn't seem to be getting any attention.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Recordings not showing up in Recorded list

Post by NedS » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:00 am

skeanie wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:09 am
I have the same issue in a new Windows 10 DVR setup. I can see the recorded files in File Explorer. As a workaround I've added the recordings folder to my Plex library so they at least show up in Plex. Does SiliconDust even monitor this forum? This topic doesn't seem to be getting any attention.
We are looking into a possible issue with the most recent Windows update affecting the Windows DVR software not listing the recordings when the HDHomeRun app is on the same PC.

jasonl
Silicondust

Re: Recordings not showing up in Recorded list - skeanie

Post by jasonl » Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:43 pm

Close the HDHomeRun app, right click on your Start menu icon and choose Windows PowerShell (Administrator) or Command Prompt (Admin). Run the following command:

Code: Select all

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"
Then reopen the app and see if it can find the DVR.

skeanie

Post by skeanie » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:56 pm

jasonl wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:43 pm
Close the HDHomeRun app, right click on your Start menu icon and choose Windows PowerShell (Administrator) or Command Prompt (Admin). Run the following command:

Code: Select all

CheckNetIsolation LoopbackExempt -a -n="ef712ba7.hdhomerundvr_23nna27hyxhag"
Then reopen the app and see if it can find the DVR.
Worked! Thanks so much! :D

MNSearcher

Post by MNSearcher » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Even after running the command as admin my DVR tab still shows "record your favorite shows with HDHomeRun DVR" and http://my.hdhomerun.com/instructions/firmware-upgrade/ shows a 404 error

But it still records. Has been happening for about a week now

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:14 pm

MNSearcher wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:45 pm
Even after running the command as admin my DVR tab still shows "record your favorite shows with HDHomeRun DVR" and http://my.hdhomerun.com/instructions/firmware-upgrade/ shows a 404 error

But it still records. Has been happening for about a week now
Search the Windows app store for the HDHomeRun app and see if that forces it to update. We've noticed that some Windows 10 systems still haven't auto-updated the app, and your situation might be related to a problem that was fixed a couple of weeks ago.