Keyboard shortcuts and remote controls

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Bibbit

Keyboard shortcuts and remote controls

Post by Bibbit » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:29 am

Is there a summary of keyboard shortcuts/commands I could pass on to my dad? I'm also wondering about remote control summaries. I've looked around but can't find a nice summary for either. Remote recommendations would be nice too.

Also, is there a way to fast forward and a way to fast rewind? I can only get skip to work for fast forwarding or rewinding.

NedS
Silicondust

Re: Keyboard shortcuts and remote controls

Post by NedS » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Up/down while the OSD is hidden will do large jumps forward/backward: https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/app:live

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 am

Could we request to have the same mapping as Kodi? For example, have the CC be assigned to the "L" key? This would greatly help out those who have harmony remotes, or could we have the option to assign functions to certain keys?

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 am

Jsherman wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 am
Could we request to have the same mapping as Kodi? For example, have the CC be assigned to the "L" key? This would greatly help out those who have harmony remotes, or could we have the option to assign functions to certain keys?
Probably not for normal letter keys, since typing in the HDHomeRun app should trigger the search box, but I bet there's some media or function keys we can use for that kind of thing.

Jsherman

Post by Jsherman » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:00 pm

NedS wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:23 am
Jsherman wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:05 am
Probably not for normal letter keys, since typing in the HDHomeRun app should trigger the search box, but I bet there's some media or function keys we can use for that kind of thing.
Thank you for the quick reply!

Ah OK, that makes sense. Here's hoping that this could be assigned to a media or function key in the future!