Servio: Default User and Password

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Str1fed

Servio: Default User and Password

Post by Str1fed » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:13 am

I pre-ordered my Servio with the hopes of riding the HDHR DVR engine from my Synology NAS. I would like to connect to the device and see the file and folder structure. Thing is, I cannot SSH without the user and password.

I understand that a feature is/was planned to migrate recordings. But I am not holding my breath. That being said a user and password have to exist. Even though it may not have been shared yet.

If the User and Password have been shared I apologize. If it has not, it would be more than convenient to allow me to fully utilize a product I have purchased. Please post the requested info here regardless of the two scenarios.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Servio: Default User and Password

Post by signcarver » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:40 am

The "only" way is to pull the drive if you wish to put stuff there. If you just wish to retrieve, get the recorded_files.json (if on latest beta you can easily navigate into files and then change .html to .json) and "download" using the playurl. If you wish to delete use the cmdurl and add &cmd=delete&rerecord=1 (set rerecord=0 or completely omit to not rerecord) however doing so is a little more tricky as it requires a post rather than get request

nickk
Silicondust

Re: Servio: Default User and Password

Post by nickk » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:06 am

Hi,

The SERVIO doesn't include a shell. It runs a Linux kernel however it doesn't run a Linux userspace environment.

Hard drive layout: GPT partition table with protective MBR, one partition of type 8300, XFS filesystem, HDHomeRun directory containing sub-directories with recordings. The hard drive is only used for recordings.

Related reading:
https://info.hdhomerun.com/info/scribe_ ... redirect=1

There is a strong use case for transferring recordings from a NAS to a SERVIO - something I would like to see added in a future firmware update.

Nick