Schedule reset?

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
virbing

Schedule reset?

Post by virbing » Fri Oct 25, 2019 4:26 pm

I have been running the HDHomeRun software for a couple of years and my recording list has gotten to be obscenely long.

Is there a way to export my current recording list out to a text file so that I can put it into a spreadsheet to review and catalog my recording list? Then, is there a quick way to reset all of my recording list so I can restart from scratch?

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Re: Schedule reset?

Post by signcarver » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Get your DeviceAuth from the tuner ( <ip-of-tuner>/discover.json ) then replace xxxx below with the long value... you should url-encode it for instance lately most of my auths have a / which would need to be changed to %2F

Code: Select all

https://api.hdhomerun.com/api/recording_rules?DeviceAuth=xxxx
On a recent version of excel, you can get the json data directly (data, get data, from file, from json, (or you can use from web instead of file and even give it "parts") enter the url as the filename when power query editor opens click to table, ok, then expand the columns (double arrow type symbol by column 1) and I suggest not to append original column name, ok, close&load... doing from memory so may have missed a step.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:55 pm

As far as resetting, that depends if you've deleted anything via the HDHomeRun app. When one deletes a recording in the HDHomeRun app it not only deletes the file, but it makes a record for that program/episode to not record it again (unless "re-record" was selected rather than "delete"). If you simply delete the files outside of the app, or the files are moved or go missing for some reason (drive failure, etc), and this is for a "series" recording, the software will assume that they should be replaced, and will attempt to record them again the next time that program/episode airs.

If you want to reset the recording history so that nothing will be marked as do-not-record-again, then please send an e-mail to support@silicondust.com and we will reset the recording history for that account. In the future we hope to have something a little more user friendly, but I don't have the specifics for that or an ETA at the moment.

virbing

Post by virbing » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:01 pm

Thank you both for your help. I have downloaded my schedule and have sent an email to reset my schedule.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F 15300C36

Post by signcarver » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Keep in mind that the reset NedS was referring to is a history reset to allow episodes to be recorded again (if you deleted )... the topic made it sound more in line of tasks (delete and recreate) not individual episode recordings to rerecord, though in rereading the contents without taking the topic into consideration, it nay have been more in line of episodes.

virbing

Post by virbing » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:13 am

Yes, I am fine with that. My recording list has become so unruly that it will be easier to deal with duplicates.