Constantly recording repeat episodes

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Griffo

Constantly recording repeat episodes

Post by Griffo » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:52 pm

Is there a trick I'm missing to stop the DVR from constantly recording the same episode multiple times? I've tried to "record current series" and "record all episodes" options, but it seems to record every showing. Locally the broadcasters will push a show multiple times on multiple channels so i'll end up with 4x copies of every episode.

For example:

Griffo

Re: Constantly recording repeat episodes

Post by Griffo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 am

OK so I did a bit more research, and yes, every episode shows as "FirstAiring":1 in the recorded_files.json. However HDHR supply the guide data, so not sure if I should log a ticket?

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Post by nateb » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:16 am

Please do. We'll send it up the chain to our guide data provider, who should hopefully get it fixed. Could you say how many shows this seems to be happening with?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am

Your best bet would probably be to set up a Kodi install with the unofficial PVR add-on and use that to edit your recording rule for the affected shows to only be on a specific channel. You could set it to only record on 10 HD, and then it won't ever record the repeats on Peach or whatever other channels it might air on. In past cases where I have asked the guide provider to remove the new flag from repeat airings on a different channel (even one run by the same company, like 10 and Peach) they wouldn't do it.

Griffo

Post by Griffo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:46 pm

nateb wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:16 am
Please do. We'll send it up the chain to our guide data provider, who should hopefully get it fixed. Could you say how many shows this seems to be happening with?
Thanks. It's been most shows that we record, I'd say for the last month or so. I'll raise a ticket.

Griffo

Post by Griffo » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:49 pm

jasonl wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:22 am
Your best bet would probably be to set up a Kodi install with the unofficial PVR add-on and use that to edit your recording rule for the affected shows to only be on a specific channel. You could set it to only record on 10 HD, and then it won't ever record the repeats on Peach or whatever other channels it might air on. In past cases where I have asked the guide provider to remove the new flag from repeat airings on a different channel (even one run by the same company, like 10 and Peach) they wouldn't do it.
Ok I have Kodi with the unofficial PVR client so I'll try that. Is there any chance you'll be adding more complex recording rules to that native clients any time ?

I really miss Argus TV's recording rules, although I don't miss it's tuner / guide / channel mapping process at all. HDHR is do simple to set up, but the very basic recording tasks are somewhat limiting.

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:57 pm

I've been pushing to have channel-specific recording added as an option for quite a while now. I'll raise it again once we get the current round of UI updates complete. The DVR already supports it, it was just never added to the UI for various reasons.