Channels will stop playing after a few minutes in HD app on Roku Premiere

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
h0va4life

Channels will stop playing after a few minutes in HD app on Roku Premiere

Post by h0va4life » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:09 pm

Hello, I can tune into all of my channels on the HD homerun app using my Roku Premiere, but normally after a few minutes of watching a channel, the stream will stop and I have to reconnect to the channel.

Is there a fix to this? I am using the HDHR app found via the roku search function, nothing else.

I've accessed the channels via the stock android tv tuner app on my mi box and do not have this issue. I do feel as if the quality is better on the roku app and overall the roku interface is easier for my family so I'd like to use roku if this issue has a fix.

signcarver
Expert
Device ID: 131B34B7 13231F92 1070A18E 1073ED6F

Re: Channels will stop playing after a few minutes in HD app on Roku Premiere

Post by signcarver » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:41 pm

Nothing can fix such on a roku other than roku itself fixing their dreadful player. All a channel is is basically a skin to give it a url to play after that it is all on roku to handle such. Cable, in general, hardly ever works, though most US ota stations can work, there are several that don't.

About the only thing you can try is getting a better signal and/or fixing any network issues but typically those aren't the issue.

h0va4life

Re: Channels will stop playing after a few minutes in HD app on Roku Premiere

Post by h0va4life » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:36 pm

signcarver wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:41 pm
Nothing can fix such on a roku other than roku itself fixing their dreadful player. All a channel is is basically a skin to give it a url to play after that it is all on roku to handle such. Cable, in general, hardly ever works, though most US ota stations can work, there are several that don't.

About the only thing you can try is getting a better signal and/or fixing any network issues but typically those aren't the issue.
I’m on OTA with Quatro model. I figured it would work a lot better than this and that there would be more posts regarding this error. I’ve only seen one other post mentioning this after I searched the forums.

I’ll continue using my android tv box and maybe will purchase the channels app to see if the quality is any better. The stock android channels app isn’t bad quality I just think the Roku one was slightly better.