DVR Active = No

Help and support for HDHomeRun DVR and HDHomeRun software for Windows 10, Mac, Android, XBox, etc.
Serlef

DVR Active = No

Post by Serlef » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:49 am

My DVR setup all of a sudden seems to be telling me that it is not active. I have re activated it from the email when I purchased a subscription but every time I go into the setting and account info it tells me its not active. Can not record anything and does not seem to be able to see any previous recordings. When I log into my shop account and find the subscription it shows my licence key but says it is unassigned. Need help on this issue

nateb
Silicondust
Device ID: 1051C73D, 10759F29

Re: DVR Active = No

Post by nateb » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:32 am

What device were you using to record? You may want to try downloading the appropriate software and running setup one more time.

Serlef

Post by Serlef » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:27 pm

Using an hd homerun Quattro. Have run setup again, I can see the record part showing with a tick on the my page but it’s still shows in settings as inactive, hitting record on a show adds it as a task but does not record and nothing g ever shows under recorded programs

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:45 pm

What are you running the DVR on?

Serlef

Post by Serlef » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:31 pm

Mac OS, was working fine until I had to uninstall app and reinstall.

heyria

Post by heyria » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:43 pm

I am having the same problem. On my account at website, the license key says unassigned. When I go to myhdhomerun site, it won't detect DVR. On the app, the Active DVR heading says no under settings. None of the shows I've chosen has recorded except for live TV. Oh, I am running Windows 10.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:53 pm

heyria wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:43 pm
I am having the same problem. On my account at website, the license key says unassigned. When I go to myhdhomerun site, it won't detect DVR. On the app, the Active DVR heading says no under settings. None of the shows I've chosen has recorded except for live TV. Oh, I am running Windows 10.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
You can ignore the "unassigned" status on the shop page, as that doesn't actually apply to anything (I'm not sure why we haven't removed that yet). Do you still have your activation link from when you bought DVR? You will need to click on that link again, as your HDHomeRun got unassociated with your account for some reason. If you don't have the activation link handy, e-mail support@silicondust.com and we will pull it up for you.

Serlef

Post by Serlef » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:19 pm

I still have the email but it does not work, I did change my account email address recently as I git married but changing it back in my account has made no difference, also as stated I uninstalled the software and reinstalled but email link not working even though it says registration successfully done

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:29 pm

Serlef wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:19 pm
I still have the email but it does not work, I did change my account email address recently as I git married but changing it back in my account has made no difference, also as stated I uninstalled the software and reinstalled but email link not working even though it says registration successfully done
The e-mail change might have done it. Shoot us an e-mail at support@silicondust.com and we'll send you an updated link.

heyria

Post by heyria » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:39 pm

Hey yay! It worked! Thank you sooooo much! It now say yes I do have DVR function.

heyria

Post by heyria » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:56 pm

I think I spoke too soon. It is now not being detected when I'm on the myhdhomerun website. The pc app still says DVR is active but it is not recording any of the shows I have on tasks. I tried clicking on link on my email to link to it but still no go. Please help!

NedS
Silicondust

Post by NedS » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:10 am

Assuming you're posing from the same IP address that the DVR software is running on, the DVR should still be running. It shows in our server logs as a Windows PC. Is that PC on all the time or does it go to sleep or shutdown from time to time?

Serlef

Post by Serlef » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:33 am

Ok will shoot an email
Over to you for a new link, had had changed my email back to the old one to see if it fixed, should I update back before emailing you as I do want my new email address in my account and is it ok to email you from that new account?

jasonl
Silicondust

Post by jasonl » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:20 pm

If you change the email address on the account you will probably need to re-register the HDHomeRun device with the new code. Change it to whatever address you want it under then contact us from that address and we'll send you the code.